Image 1 of 11
1 of 11|
Heybridge Basin. Ketch barges HAROLD 112737 on the left and PRINCESS MAY on the right.
HAROLD was skippered by Harry Stone. The Stone family lived at the Basin at the time and William was landlord of The Ship pub. Harry came to live in West Mersea when he retired and spent a bit of time with his nephew Harry Booth who was named after him.
There were two ketch barges named PRINCESS MAY. PRINCESS MAY of Littlehampton 88825 built and owned by Harvey 1893, and the other, O.N. 95658 of Poole built J. Allen & Co at Poole owned by 1910 by W.T. Whitmore, Harwich. [Ron Green]
Photo: Mersea Museum - Cedric Gurton Tollesbury
Image ID CG22_060
Category 1 Places-->Heybridge
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.