A History of Court Sailor's Home West Mersea No. 5105 A.O.F. 1867 - 1967 by Sybil Brand. Page 3.
The first register was written by Wm. H. Cooke between 1873 and 1879. The first member is Wm. Balls, fisherman, who joined 9 September 1867.
W.H. Traveller, licensee of the White Hart joined the Court and was the first official secretary. A book of rules was preserved by the late Bro. John Hewes, published 1873. It has signatures of Boatman Haward, C.R., Antonio Fisher, S.C.R., Henry Mussett.
This image is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection.