Plan of Freehold Residential Properties, Business Premises and Cottages etc. at West Mersea. For sale by auction by Ernest S. Beard & Daniell. [ Orleans Sale - the sale took place at the Barn, West Hall ].
At this date:
Mill Road is shown as Meeting Lane, East Road is shown as Station Road, Coast Road is shown as Main Road, Churchfields is shown as Captains Road, Broomhills Road is shown as Victoria Road, Lower Kingsland Road is shown as Sea View Road. Prince Albert Road is not named, as Yorick Road continued across the junction with Sea View Road. Land on Yorick Road is owned by Trustees of R. Frost Smith (who had lived at Port Bower). Coopers Hard shown opposite The Lane.
Lot 7 on Sea View Road / Yorick Road junction is Willoughby Cottage.
Lot 31 on Firs Chase is Smithfield Cottages
Date: 25 June 1914.
This image is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection.