1. Queens Corner with the Blacksmith's shop on the corner of Upland Road and Kingsland Road on the far right. Taken before the Fountain Hotel was built. The ...
Date: Before 1910
Image ID ALS_AB1_003
2. West Mersea Mill - an Essex post mill - when it was owned by Mrs Mary Overall Smith. The girls from the left are Eva Smith, Winnie Cock and Daisy ...
Image ID ALS_AB1_015
3. West Mersea School around 1907.
Back row L-R 1. Ivy Mussett, 2. E... Woolf, 3. Annie Boon, 4. Balls, 5. Maud Dixon, 6. Daisy Mussett, 7. B.. Cook, 8. ...
Image ID ALS_BRD_011
4. Sergeant F.G. Unwin, No. 72274 134 Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Bunny served in France 1916 - 1918 and was awarded the Military Medal for ...
Image ID ALS_BUN_001
5. Abberton Bakery. E.A. Smith on the sign dates it 1928 - 1948.
Image ID ALS_C20_001
6. West Mersea Mill - Fred G. Smith. A wonderful photograph of the old and the new. Stanley Mole on the left holding the horse and Herbert Marrow far right with ...
Image ID ALS_C20_005
7. Frederick Herbert Smith and Herbert Marrow with Fred G. Smith delivery van. It is a Morris, registration BVW367. The door advertises Lyons Cakes. Phone Number ...
Image ID ALS_C20_019
8. Fred Herbert Smith and Preston Smith in the Bakery at West Mersea Mill.
Image ID ALS_C20_021
9. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 22 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
10. Alan Smith, Kathy Negus and Judy Farthing
Image ID ALS_NEG_001
11. Back Kathy Negus left, Mary Wright right.
Alan Smith front.
Image ID ALS_NEG_003
12. A trip on PEDRO. L-R Mary Wright, Vicky Watling née Negus, Dave Watling, unknown, Alan Smith at the wheel.
Image ID ALS_NEG_011
13. Trip on PEDRO. L-R 1. Mary Wright's husband ?, 2. Mary Wright, 3. Vicky Watling née Negus, 4. Dave Watling, 5. Judy Farthing, 6. unknown, 7. Janet ...
Image ID ALS_NEG_013
14. 1937 Coronation Arch decorated by May Bros, Langenhoe. Pete Tye Common at the bottom of Langenhoe hill - the boundary of the parish. "Welcome to Loyal West ...
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID ALS_WHI_002
15. Jubilee Arch at Queens Corner. Upland Road in the distance with the blacksmith shop on the corner.
Date: cMay 1935
Image ID ALS_WHI_006
16. A school trip from West Mersea to London Zoo, July 1920. Primrose Bus. Headmaster Mr Green is standing on the stairs wearing a black trilby. Note the ...
Date: 19 July 1920
Image ID ALS_WHI_013
17. Top Chapel in Mill Road, West Mersea. The building on the left at the end of the drive was a very early school on the island. The Congregational Church is now ...
Date: Before May 1905
Image ID ALS_WHI_031
18. Congregational Church, Mill Road, West Mersea, known locally as Top Chapel. "God is Love" on the wall. The tablet on the right is in memory of Samuel Cant who ...
Image ID ALS_WHI_035
19. C.M. White, Builder. Mill Road, West Mersea, looking south. Just beyond White's shop is the gate and railings of the Congregational Church. The shop to the left ...
Image ID ALS_WHI_045
20. White's shop in Church Road. The bicycle on the right says "White's up to date drapers". Postcard franked 18 September 1909.
Date: Before September 1909
Image ID ALS_WHI_047
21. The mill in Mill Road, West Mersea.
Image ID ALS_WHI_051
22. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie ...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
23. Zeppelin L33 - which crashed at Little Wigborough 24 September 1916.
Date: After 24 September 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_005