1. Map of Artesian Wells in West Mersea and Little Wigborough.
No. 1 Copt Hall
No. 2 Gray Esq. (located near Creek Hall).
No. 3 Victory Hotel (but ...
Image ID CW5_001
2. Colchester Castle. There is no roof inside, dating the photograph before about 1930.
Image ID CW5_011
3. Wyatt's Shed, and the old Victory pub. Thought to be 1920s.
Image ID CW5_023
4. Cottages in The Lane, West Mersea. The cottages at the right hand end had once been the Ship public house. The cottages were demolished and the City Hall built ...
Image ID CW5_027
5. Great Eastern Railway bus outside West Mersea Church. Another copy of this postcard was mailed July 1908.
Date: Before July 1908
Image ID CW5_057
6. Houseboats. ERYCINA (left) and EVANDRA (Fifie) formerly WMYC headquarters. In 1910 EVANDRA is mentioned in Yachting World [BOX115_001] as providing ...
Date: Before September 1913
Image ID CW5_093
7. The Church, Peldon. Postcard by S.C. White, West Mersea, not used.
Image ID CW5_103
8. The Song of the King's Head [Great Wigborough]
We are the boys of Wigboroughshire,
We can drink quarts and quarts of ...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID CW5_211
9. 80th Birthday Party for Bessie Dixon at White Hart.
Jim Mussett, Joe Mussett, Aubrey Greenleaf.
Date: 15 July 1992
Image ID CW5_BES_043
10. 1953 Coronation Pageant in the British Legion field. Bessie Dixon has an 'X' over her head. On the back of the photograph she wrote that Mrs 'Honan' Jones had ...
Date: 2 June 1953
Image ID CW5_FAM_261
11. An Auctioneer's Failure. Examination of Mr J.R. Gardner.
Colchester Bankruptcy Court. John Henry Gardner of West Mersea, auctioneer and company ...
Image ID CW5_GDN_001