1. Salcott post office, which is perhaps everyone's idea of what a village post office is like. However, since that caption from an Essex Countryside article in ...
Date: After April 1935
Image ID EC62_99_304_002
2. St. Mary's Church, Salcott. The church still has oil lamps. Photo thought to be between 1935 and 1960.
Image ID IA003720
3. Cottages by the Church, Salcott, Essex. Photo thought to be between 1935 and 1960. One of the cottages was lived in by Nancy Cullum and her mother.
Image ID IA003722
4. Cottage in Salcott where Nancy Cullum and her mother lived. Date not known but probably c1941. Pansies are growing in front of the cottage. See Farming ...
Image ID IA003724
5. Salcott Church - interior.
The East Window is dedicated "To the glory of God in loving memory of Mary Elizabeth Brett who died 17 March 1895".
Image ID IA003750
6. Salcot Church
Image ID IA003752
7. The old butcher' shop that stood on the corner of The Street and
Rose Lane, Salcot. The last butcher to use this shop was Mr Ponder as far as I know. [Ron ...
Image ID IA003754
8. Salcott Fire Service in WW2. Letter to Mr P.J. Ponder, Rose Villa, Virley, reference medical examinations by Dr. J. Reid Moir.
W. Foakes, Zaza ...
Image ID JMO_FIR_005
9. The Old Sun Inn Salcot, 1898
Rows from the back.
1. Abraham Foakes, Will Howard, Will Francis, John Coldham, Ted Cullum, Bill Clench, Sam ...
Image ID JMO_SAL_003
10. The Cross Roads, Salcott, looking east towards the village.
Image ID JMO_SAL_005
11. Salcott - the street. Ponder's butcher's shop on the right. The Sun Inn on the left in the distance. 1920s ?
Image ID JMO_SAL_007
12. The Street, Salcott. The Sun Inn on the right. 1920s ?
Image ID JMO_SAL_009
Image ID JMO_SAL_011
14. The Post Office, Salcot in the 1920s. Run by N. Hanley
Image ID JMO_SAL_021
15. Why the sun had to set on village's only pub. Closure of The Sun Inn at Salcott. Article from Evening Gazette, 5 April 1995.
Includes photographs of ...
Date: 5 April 1995
Image ID JMO_SAL_201
16. Community spirit makes a comeback. The 19th century old Salcott school has been refurbished, revamped and repainted by the villagers.
Article by Kate ...
Image ID JMO_SAL_211
17. Village spirit is alive and well. The old school building in Salcott has been refurbished, revamped and repainted, all thanks to the villagers.
Date: 12 June 1997
Image ID JMO_SAL_221
18. Villagers celebrate their new-look village hall. Article on Salcott's restored village hall from Colchester Courier, Summer 1997.
Centre picture shows Nick ...
Date: cAugust 1997
Image ID JMO_SAL_231
19. Welcome to Salcott Millennium Village. Far from the madding crowds.
Robin and Winifred King, Martin and Ann Parmenter, John Moore, Adam Dyster, Sue ...
Date: 20 October 2013
Image ID JMO_SAL_241
20. Salcott School around 1900.
Image ID JMO_SCH_001
21. The former school at Salcott. The school closed 1937 - 1938 and for many years it was used as a Church Hall. By 1996 the hall was damp, in poor condition, and ...
Image ID JMO_SCH_003
22. Salcott - the opening of the Village Hall in 1996.
John Moore second from the left. Revd. Keith Lovell centre behind front row.
Image ID JMO_SCH_005
23. Salcott - the former school, restored and back in use as the Village Hall.
Image ID JMO_SCH_007
24. Old barn at Virley, since demolished.
Image ID JMO_VIL_001
25. Barge EVA ANNIE loading trusses of hay from a cart at Abbotts Hall, Salcott Creek. This is not the 'ship dock' but another wharf on the creek.
EVA ANNIE ...
Image ID KBA_BAR_001
26. Barge EVA ANNIE loading hay at Abbotts Hall, Salcott Creek. This was not the 'ship dock' but another wharf on the creek [Ray Baldwin].
Image ID KBA_BAR_003
27. Virley White Hart and Salcott Creek.
Image ID KBA_CRK_001
28. Virley White Hart and Salcott Creek.
Image ID KBA_CRK_003
29. Salcott Creek.
Image ID KBA_CRK_005
30. Virley White Hart.
Image ID KBA_CRK_013