1. Harvest - tractor and binder. David Macauley on binder and Jack Pepper on Case tractor. Birch.
Photo 58U2 J.W.
Image ID PBA_058_UU2
2. Hoeing in the fields, Beckingham Hall, Birch, 1930s.
L-R 1. Jack Pepper, 2. Bob Gooch, 3. Les Polley, 4. Sam Smith.
Photo 76 J.W.
Image ID PBA_076_001
3. Roman oven / hearth. Rear of Brakes Farm, Birch, Essex.
Photo 170B P.A.
Image ID PBA_170_BBB
4. Roman oven / hearth. Rear of Brakes Farm near Birch, Essex.
Photo 170C P.A.
Image ID PBA_170_CCC
5. Roman brick / tile, part of oven / hearth. Rear of Brakes Farm, Birch.
Photo 170D P.A.
Image ID PBA_170_DDD
6. Partly excavated Roman oven / hearth, Birch Pits / Brakes Farm.
Photo 170E P.A.
Image ID PBA_170_EEE
7. It's August 1904, harvesting at Hill Farm.
Picture by Mrs Ann Blomfield, from The pastoral past of Birch, Essex County Standard, 6 August 1982. See ...
Image ID PBC_006_001
8. Wychcombe in the Moor. It is not clear if this is relevant to Birch !
Image ID PBC_009_005
9. Map of Birch by T.B. Millatt
Image ID TBM_BCR_031