121. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_110
122. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_111
123. Womens Land Army picture from Joan Ward. Right back Win Pavey
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_112
124. Womens Land Army on Mersea.
Back 1. Kathy ?, 2. Elsie Brooker.
Front 1. ?, 2. Doris.
From Joan Ward.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_114
125. Women's Land Army Release Certificate for Miss Joan B. Pullen.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_119
126. Ruby Tucker nee Balls in Women's Land Army uniform.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_120
127. Margaret Penfold drove a milk delivery van in the Halstead area while in the Women's Land Army. Cream Line Dairy, Chelmsford.
Accession No. 2016-10-003F
Date: cSeptember 1943
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_121
128. Margaret Penfold, Women's Land Army.
Accession No. 2016_10_003E
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_122
129. Mrs Phyl Byrne - Land Army clothes.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_124
130. Phyl Byrne. High jinks with Land Girls in the Coggeshall area
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_125
131. Land Girls at Nazeing in a variety of working clothes. Mary, Joan, Dorren, Mac, Peggy
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_126
132. Mrs Doris Northwood (right) and Phylis Northwood (sister in law) - in the Women's Land Army in the Nazeing area.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_127
133. Land Girls Edna Smy nee Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
134. Edna Smy nee Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
135. Abbotts Hall Land Army Girls - from Essex Wildlife May 2005.
In 1941 Ruby Balls and Jean Ponder came to work at Abbott Hall Farm as Land Army ...
Date: May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_131
136. Women's Land Army. Used on Abbotts Hall page in 2008 Land Army exhibition.
Photograph from Essex Wildlife May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_132
137. Women's Land Army. Babs [Newman ?] right on front row
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_151
138. Women's Land Army Release Certificate for Miss Doris Laura Smith, now known as Babs Newman.
Date: 2 November 1945
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_153
139. Women's Land Army. From Molly ?
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_161
140. Women's Land Army. Photograph from Molly Hefford.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_163
141. Women's Land Army. Fordson tractor. Photograph from Molly Hefford.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_165
142. We are confident that this is the wedding of Elsie Anna Farthing and John Lungley on 11 February 1905 (it has been professionally dated to c1901 - ...
Date: 11 February 1905
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_002
143. You couldn't take a similar photograph on Coast Road now! This is the marriage of Leonard William Stoker and Florence Louisa Bianchi which took place at the ...
Date: 4 November 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_003
144. Wedding of Samuel James Mills and Nellie French. The happy couple, surrounded by family and friends, are posing for a group photograph at the top of Victory ...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_012
145. Here are Robert (Bob) Stoker and Eleanor Geddes after their marriage at St. Peter and St. Paul Church on 8 July 1933. The parish register entry says Bobby was a ...
Date: 8 July 1933
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_013
146. A wedding at West Mersea Parish Church. We have not been able to identify the couple in these pictures, or any of the people in the churchyard, but this is a ...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_016
147. A Johnson family wedding. This took place on 6 August 1923 when George Lyall from London married Alice Frances Emma Johnson of Haycocks Farm. Bertie Johnson ...
Date: 6 August 1923
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_018
148. Wedding of Ruby Balls and Peter Tucker on 26 June 1948. The wedding service was performed by Rev. Hughes, Vicar of West Mersea.
L-R: Jane Cudmore (later ...
Date: 26 June 1948
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_021
149. Wedding Mole family.
The following probably applies to this photograph:
Reg and Kate Mole's Wedding. Best man on left is George Mole of St. Peters Road. ...
Date: 23 May 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_023
150. This is a studio portrait taken after the marriage of Benjamin James George Clarke and Constance Nellie Mole at the church of St. Peter and St. Paul on 18 July ...
Date: 18 July 1936
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_025