151. Margaret Penfold drove a milk delivery van in the Halstead area while in the Women's Land Army. Cream Line Dairy, Chelmsford.
Accession No. 2016-10-003F
Date: cSeptember 1943
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_121
152. Margaret Penfold, Women's Land Army.
Accession No. 2016_10_003E
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_122
153. Mrs Phyl Byrne - Land Army clothes.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_124
154. Phyl Byrne. High jinks with Land Girls in the Coggeshall area
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_125
155. Land Girls at Nazeing in a variety of working clothes. Mary, Joan, Dorren, Mac, Peggy
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_126
156. Mrs Doris Northwood (right) and Phylis Northwood (sister in law) - in the Women's Land Army in the Nazeing area.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_127
157. Land Girls Edna Smy née Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
158. Edna Smy née Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
159. Abbotts Hall Land Army Girls - from Essex Wildlife May 2005.
In 1941 Ruby Balls and Jean Ponder came to work at Abbott Hall Farm as Land Army ...
Date: May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_131
160. Women's Land Army. Used on Abbotts Hall page in 2008 Land Army exhibition.
Photograph from Essex Wildlife May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_132
161. Women's Land Army. Babs [Newman ?] right on front row
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_151
162. Women's Land Army Release Certificate for Miss Doris Laura Smith, now known as Babs Newman.
Date: 2 November 1945
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_153
163. Women's Land Army. From Molly ?
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_161
164. Women's Land Army. Photograph from Molly Hefford.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_163
165. Women's Land Army. Fordson tractor. Photograph from Molly Hefford.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_165
166. We are confident that this is the wedding of Elsie Anna Farthing and John Lungley on 11 February 1905 (it has been professionally dated to c1901 - ...
Date: 11 February 1905
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_002
167. You couldn't take a similar photograph on Coast Road now! This is the marriage of Leonard William Stoker and Florence Louisa Bianchi which took place at the ...
Date: 4 November 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_003
168. Wedding of Samuel James Mills and Nellie French. The happy couple, surrounded by family and friends, are posing for a group photograph at the top of Victory ...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_012
169. Here are Robert (Bob) Stoker and Eleanor Geddes after their marriage at St. Peter and St. Paul Church on 8 July 1933. The parish register entry says Bobby was a ...
Date: 8 July 1933
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_013
170. A wedding at West Mersea Parish Church. We have not been able to identify the couple in these pictures, or any of the people in the churchyard, but this is a ...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_016
171. A Johnson family wedding. This took place on 6 August 1923 when George Lyall from London married Alice Frances Emma Johnson of Haycocks Farm. Bertie Johnson ...
Date: 6 August 1923
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_018
172. Wedding of Ruby Balls and Peter Tucker on 26 June 1948. The wedding service was performed by Rev. Hughes, Vicar of West Mersea.
L-R: Jane Cudmore (later ...
Date: 26 June 1948
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_021
173. Wedding Mole family.
The following probably applies to this photograph:
Reg and Kate Mole's Wedding. Best man on left is George Mole of St. Peters Road. ...
Date: 23 May 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_023
174. This is a studio portrait taken after the marriage of Benjamin James George Clarke and Constance Nellie Mole at the church of St. Peter and St. Paul on 18 July ...
Date: 18 July 1936
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_025
175. Albert, a motor mechanic, married Gladys Hempstead on 22 April 1939 at the Parish Church. Here are the happy couple coming out of the church after the service. ...
Date: 22 April 1939
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_026
176. On 14 October 1939 Henry John Cudmore a carpenter of Kingsland Road married Irene Maud Elizabeth Smith of Peldon at West Mersea Parish Church, and here are the ...
Date: 14 October 1939
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_031
177. On 15 November 1924 Hartley Oliver Brown, brother of Ethel, father Charles Frederick Brown a retired Police Sergeant, married Hilda Stoker of Riverside House, ...
Date: 15 November 1924
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_045
178. The earliest photograph lent for the 2009 Marriage Display was of the marriage in 1903 of Arthur Moore Lord (Ralph Lord's grandfather) and Ellen Isabel Pates. ...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_049
179. Wedding of Edith Margaret Marriage and Linden Le Marquand. Outside the bride's home at Weir Farm.
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_053
180. Frank Marriage and Edith Margaret (Peggy) Marriage at Edith's wedding to Linden Le Marquand.
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_054