151. View from beach, West Mersea. Shipping is laid up in the Blackwater after WW2. The vessel on th right is the former Blue Funnel vessel PHILOCTETES, which had ...
Image ID IA003420
152. Laid up shipping and an icy River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell in the icy winter of 1962-1963.
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID IA003440
153. View from BRAZILIAN PRINCE of laid up shipping in the River Blackwater. The vessel astern in MARIA DE LARRINAGA.
Image ID IA003471
154. Shipping laid up in the Blackwater taken from BRAZILIAN PRINCE, looking east. The power station can just be seen under construction behind the OKEANIS and the ...
Image ID IA003473
155. RAF Rescue Helicopter on the School Field, West Mersea. It was being used to supply the laid-up ships in the River Blackwater during the cold winter of 1962-63. ...
Date: 23 January 1963
Image ID IA003490
156. Tanker BEDFORD laid up in the River Blackwater.
Date: cJuly 1960
Image ID IA003650
157. The Liberty Ship SAMLONG in the River Blackwater, taken from Mell Creek, Tollesbury. Part of a postcard - see ...
Image ID IA003870
158. Shell tanker HYALINA laid up in the River Blackwater. The goliath crane at Bradwell Power Station is behind her stern.
HYALINA was in the river 20 Jan 1958 to ...
Image ID IA003880_001
159. Shell tankers laid up in River Blackwater. The central vessel is thought to be NACELLA.
Image ID IA003880_003
160. PORT CURTIS laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. Built 1920, Official No. 144533. In a seasonal trade, she was laid up 5 times between February 1931 ...
Date: cAugust 1931
Image ID IA004621
161. IMPERIAL PRINCE, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater in the early 1930s. Official No. 146553.
Image ID IA004631
162. Blue Star Line GAELIC STAR Official No. 140302 in the River Blackwater.
Tony Atkinson gives her history from arrival in River ...
Date: 25 June 1949
Image ID IA004661
163. Tanker SUHAIL laid up in River Blackwater. She was in the river 28 June 1960 to 17 December 1963 with a visit to London for dry docking 4-9 November 1962.
Date: 16 September 1962
Image ID IA01_471
164. CAPTAIN JOHN laid up in River Blackwater
Date: 8 May 1984
Image ID IA01_863
165. A 1930s postcard showing a Prince Line vessel laid up in the River Blackwater
Image ID IC010001
166. The River Blackwater from Bradwell waterfront. Laid up ships in the distance - the centre and right ships are Royal Mail Lines' DESEADO and DARRO respectively. ...
Image ID IC010050
167. BASIL, probably while she was laid up in the River Blackwater c1962.
Photograph from A. Duncan, Gravesend.
Image ID IC090002
168. BEECH HILL, believed to be in the River Blackwater, with MALDEN HILL behind her bow and Bradwell power station being constructed behind her stern.
Date: cFebruary 1958
Image ID IC090005
169. PUNTARENAS, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 24 November 1957 and arrived Aviles, Spain for breaking up 5 ...
Image ID IC090011
170. Ships in the River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell.
The vessel on the right is BENGUELA, broken up September 1933.
There are two Houlder Bros vessels in the ...
Date: Before September 1933
Image ID IC090023
171. Union Castle RIEBEECK CASTLE, thought to be during one of her visits to the River Blackwater - she was in the river 1962, 1963 and 1966-67.
Image ID IC090029
172. Shell tanker NEVERITA laid up, thought to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from about July 1961 to February 1963, when she went for scrap. ...
Image ID IC090061
173. BRAZILIAN PRINCE - photograph thought to be while laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 22 January 1958 to 11 November ...
Date: cAugust 1958
Image ID IC09_125
174. Eagle Oil tanker SAN ELISEO laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from October 1960 to April 1963, when she went for scrap.
Image ID IC09_131
175. Former Eagle Oil tanker SAN VITO laid up in River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_141
176. Shell Tanker NUCULANA laid up in the River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_145
177. Shell tanker LINGA laid up in the River Blackwater. She paid two visits to the Blackwater 1958 - 1963.
Image ID IC09_147
178. Union Castle refrigerated cargo ship ROWALLAN CASTLE laid up in the River Blackwater. These Union Castle ships were primarily used in the seasonal fruit trade ...
Image ID IC09_149
179. Union Castle ROSLIN CASTLE laid up in River Blackwater. She visited the river in 1962, 1963-64, 1964, 1965-66 and 1966-67.
Image ID IC09_151
180. HELICINA, one of a pair of fast tankers owned by Anglo Saxon Petroleum Company (Shell tankers). Built 1946 and scrapped after she left the River Blackwater in ...
Image ID IC09_153