31. Mersea Stone No.5.
The steam yacht VALFREYIA in the Colne off East Mersea. Postmark 1909
Built 1888 as LADY TORFREDA by Fairfield, Govan. Bought by ...
Date: Before 1909
Image ID HEM_OPA_179
32. John Hazelton : A Memoir, by W.J. Styles. 1889.
"East Mersey. A large congregation had gathered to witness a public baptism in the sea, and were grouped ...
Image ID HZL_P037
33. East Mersea Church Interior 1912. The box pews were replaced with chairs in 1913. Photo from A Short History of the Parish Churches of East Mersea and West ...
Image ID IA004145
34. Blockhouse Fort, East Mersea. An aerial view from a kite, looking north. The fort had earth walls and was triangular. The remains are in the lower half of the ...
Date: May 2006
Image ID IA004471
35. 90 years of Fen Farm. Candy Evans explores the history of an Essex campsite that has been serving campers for nine decades.
In 1923, a group of ...
Date: July 2014
Image ID IA01_121
36. Pathway and stakes below the beach near East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. The stakes have been appearing over the past 2 years as the mud has eroded. It is not yet ...
Date: 28 November 2017
Image ID IA01_691
37. East Mersea Parish Church - interior. A slide from "This is your Life - Revd. John Swallow", 1985.
Date: Before 1985
Image ID JAGS_097
38. A piece of shrapnel from the land mine which came down in the road in East Mersea.
20 November 1940 Parachute mine dropped on road between West and ...
Date: 21 November 1940
Image ID JAS_001
39. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9110A. Coopers Beach chalets and caravans.
Image ID JBA_066
40. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3105. Looking west from above Coopers Beach, East Mersea. Just below centre is the Youth Camp, formerly Kiddiesland and currently ...
Image ID JBA_070
41. Coopers Beach Chalets under threat.
See Mistral ...
Date: March 1999
Image ID JCN_001
42. East Mersea Hall - East Mersea Fete
Date: August 1999
Image ID JCN_002
43. Tedding the hay crop, Cudmore Grove - turning it to dry in the sun.
Used in the Mistral, 1999.
Date: July 1998
Image ID JCN_005
44. WW2 pillbox on East Mersea Stone.
Essex SMR / EHER 10035.
Date: July 1990
Image ID LH20_029
45. Mersea Island Parish Magazine. Page 12. Christmas in East Mersea.
Date: February 1984
Image ID LH27_MPM_013
46. River Blackwater from source to sea. The cliffs by Cudmore Grove, East Mersea. The former WW2 gun and searchlight emplacements have toppled over the edge and ...
Date: cApril 1988
Image ID LH43_036_001
47. The old Dog and Pheasant East Mersea. Postcard 101936.
Image ID LH4_010
48. East Mersea Church - the East Window.
The window was given by the family of Ernest Arthur Lazarus Barlow after the end of WW1. The artist was Thomas Curtis ...
Image ID LZB_PAP_001
49. Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island. Page 2. East Mersea Church.
Image ID MD02_006
50. Mersea Island Directory page 7.
Date: August 1991
Image ID MD1991_007
51. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. Winter 1968 / 1969. Page 9.
An old woman looks back - memories of Mrs Isabella "Rose" Dawson, from Alan ...
Date: July 1968
Image ID MIS_1968_009
52. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1985. Page 13.
Local churches. 3. St. Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea.
[ author unknown ...
Date: January 1985
Image ID MIS_1985_017
53. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 2005 Page 15.
Mystery Bones are Returned to Rest
The remains of a man unearthed more than a century ...
Date: February 2005
Image ID MIS_2005_017
54. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 2009 Page 43.
Fen Farm by Wenda Lord contd.
More people wished to bring their tents and ...
Date: March 2009
Image ID MIS_2009_045
55. Sarah Wrench was Not a Witch
From Tony Clifton and Janis Meanley - Churchwardens, St Edmund King & Martyr, East Mersea
The myth about the ...
Date: January 2017
Image ID ML2017_001_L19_002
56. Dog and Pheasant Public House, East Mersea.
Date: 15 August 2007
Image ID MLD_PUB_003
57. River Colne, East Mersea. Postcard 146881 from Bell's Photo Co. Ltd, Westcliff on Sea.
Image ID MM2013_MEA_025
58. Dog & Pheasant, East Mersea, with donor's great uncle outside, centre. Licensee is J.C. Hoy.
Image ID MMC_2010_10_008_F
59. Small photograph - marked "Mrs Cowell" and "E. Mersea".
Bill 'Cutty' Cutts on the left of the group.
See Museum004/MMC_L197_019_001.jpg for back.
Image ID MMC_L197_019
60. Coronation Villa, East Mersea, 1906.
The home and shop of the Underwood family was built in 1902. Robert Underwood ran his carrier business from the ...
Date: Before 1935
Image ID MMC_L362_007