31. A coasting barge off Southend, Essex. s.b. SEXTUS. Official No. 11866 built 1849.
Image ID BF21_001_023_001
Image ID BF21_001_027_001
33. REMINDER winning the Thames Championships
Image ID BF21_001_033_001
Image ID BF21_001_034_001
35. GEORGE SMEED at Fingringhoe Mill ? - see ...
Image ID BF21_001_035_001
36. Barge JOY
Image ID BF21_001_036_001
37. SPINAWAY C and tankers in the Blackwater. No copyright marking on print.
Image ID BF21_001_044_001
38. Essex barge loaded with hay bound for London before 1914
Image ID BF21_001_049_001
39. Stack barge in Swin
Image ID BF21_001_050_001
40. Barge MILDREDA. Photo from H E Smith Gt Wakering. 1920. Ron Green thinks this photo came from Bob Gosling, who was a barge skipper.
MILDREDA was built ...
Image ID BF21_001_051_001
41. Bawleys at Leigh on Sea. Mounted photograph by Leslie G Arnold, Leigh on Sea
From: Leigh on Sea
Image ID BF66_001_052_001
42. Barge MAY FLOWER at Maldon. GB on the sail is Green Brothers, her owners.
Image ID BF67_001_036_001
43. Barge MAY FLOWER at Maldon. GB on the sail is Green Brothers, her owners.
Image ID BF67_001_036_002
44. A latter-day stack barge, the VIOLET of Maldon, owned by Francis and Guilders of Colchester, towing down the Colne off Rowhedge in 1948. The hold and deck are ...
Image ID BF67_001_042_001
45. Billy Austin, for many years into the 1950s skipper of the READY (MIROSA), at the wheel. Identified in BOXV_012_003
Image ID BF67_001_048_001
46. Yacht barge THOMA II, designed and built by John Howard and Sons, Maldon, Essex 1909. Copyright P Kershaw, Thorpe Bay
Used in "Barges" Page 84, where there ...
Image ID BF67_001_049_001
47. The spritsail barge HYACINTH of Maldon was built there by Howard 1889, for E H Bentall. She was owned by George Littlebury of Colchester when this photograph ...
Image ID BF67_001_050_001
48. Spritsail barge yacht FRANCIS under sail, built 1909 by John Howard & Sons, Maldon.
Used in "Barges" page 105.
Image ID BF67_001_051_001
49. CAMBRIA. Photo by John Mannering, Dover
Image ID BF68_001_003_001
50. Unidentified Thames barge
Image ID BF68_001_004_001
51. Barge MAY, registered Ipswich
Image ID BF68_001_004_002
52. Barge VENTA ex JACHIN (identified by Ron Green)
Image ID BF68_001_004_003
53. Unidentified and very smart Thames barge. A negative.
Used in "Barges" by John Leather, page 16, source not given. Caption is "One of Everard's big barges ...
Image ID BF68_001_004_004
54. Sailing barge MAY of Ipswich
Image ID BF68_001_004_005
55. John Leather at the wheel of a barge. The location
is Rowhedge Ironworks where John worked as a draughtsman and surveyor as
evident by the leather patches ...
Image ID BF68_001_008_001
56. 'Hobby' Keeble on DAWN in the 1940s.
Photo by Arthur Bennett
Used in The Salty Shore page 188
Image ID BF68_001_022_001
57. DAWN in Mill Reach
Image ID BF68_001_023_001
58. DAWN in Mill Reach
Image ID BF68_001_023_002
59. The face of the sailorman. Bill Kirby of Bradwell was skipper of the WATER LILY and one of a noted family of barge owners and skippers from the village. Photo: ...
Image ID BF68_001_024_001
60. Barges at Ipswich. BRITON on the right.
Image ID BF68_001_025_001