61. Paul Jasper
Date: 12 May 2007
Image ID DIS2007_MUS_005
62. Hewes Family Tree. The Museum had a large display on the Hewes family in 2008 - details in Displays/2008Museum/Hewes.
Misc details from above.
Date: April 2008
Image ID DIS2008_HEW_001
63. The Hewes Family - tree and photographs.
Mersea Museum 2008 Summer Exhibition.
Date: 4 September 2008
Image ID DIS2008_HEW_003
64. 2008 Summer Exhibition - Womens Land Army
Date: 4 September 2008
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_001
65. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_109
66. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_110
67. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_111
68. Ruby Tucker nee Balls in Women's Land Army uniform.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_120
69. Margaret Penfold drove a milk delivery van in the Halstead area while in the Women's Land Army. Cream Line Dairy, Chelmsford.
Accession No. 2016-10-003F
Date: cSeptember 1943
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_121
70. Margaret Penfold, Women's Land Army.
Accession No. 2016_10_003E
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_122
71. Land Girls at Nazeing in a variety of working clothes. Mary, Joan, Dorren, Mac, Peggy
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_126
72. Mrs Doris Northwood (right) and Phylis Northwood (sister in law) - in the Women's Land Army in the Nazeing area.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_127
73. Women's Land Army. Used on Abbotts Hall page in 2008 Land Army exhibition.
Photograph from Essex Wildlife May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_132
74. Women's Land Army. Babs [Newman ?] right on front row
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_151
75. Women's Land Army Release Certificate for Miss Doris Laura Smith, now known as Babs Newman.
Date: 2 November 1945
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_153
76. Women's Land Army. From Molly ?
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_161
77. We are confident that this is the wedding of Elsie Anna Farthing and John Lungley on 11 February 1905 (it has been professionally dated to c1901 - ...
Date: 11 February 1905
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_002
78. You couldn't take a similar photograph on Coast Road now! This is the marriage of Leonard William Stoker and Florence Louisa Bianchi which took place at the ...
Date: 4 November 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_003
79. This wonderful horseless carriage, owned we believe by Mr. Roy Littlehale is about to take Arthur Hempstead and his wife the former Isabella May Gardner to ...
Date: 30 August 1909
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_009
80. This photograph, taken outside Haycocks Farm, shows Archibald Johnson and his bride Eva nee Clancy after their Colchester wedding in 1929. Bertha Johnson is on ...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_010
81. Samuel James Mills and Nellie French leaving West Mersea Parish Church after their marriage on 31 May 1919. Nellie was the daughter of James French and Grace ...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_011
82. Wedding of Samuel James Mills and Nellie French. The happy couple, surrounded by family and friends, are posing for a group photograph at the top of Victory ...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_012
83. Here are Robert (Bob) Stoker and Eleanor Geddes after their marriage at St. Peter and St. Paul Church on 8 July 1933. The parish register entry says Bobby was a ...
Date: 8 July 1933
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_013
84. Wedding group are posing outside Walmer Cottage in St. Peters Road. Harry George (Hoppy) Hewes' daughter Maria Maud had just married Charles Elvin Minter from ...
Date: 7 June 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_014
85. A wedding at West Mersea Parish Church. We have not been able to identify the couple in these pictures, or any of the people in the churchyard, but this is a ...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_016
86. A Johnson family wedding. This took place on 6 August 1923 when George Lyall from London married Alice Frances Emma Johnson of Haycocks Farm. Bertie Johnson ...
Date: 6 August 1923
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_018
87. Wedding of Ruby Balls and Peter Tucker on 26 June 1948. The wedding service was performed by Rev. Hughes, Vicar of West Mersea.
L-R: Jane Cudmore (later ...
Date: 26 June 1948
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_021
88. Wedding Mole family.
The following probably applies to this photograph:
Reg and Kate Mole's Wedding. Best man on left is George Mole of St. Peters Road. ...
Date: 23 May 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_023
89. This is a studio portrait taken after the marriage of Benjamin James George Clarke and Constance Nellie Mole at the church of St. Peter and St. Paul on 18 July ...
Date: 18 July 1936
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_025
90. Albert, a motor mechanic, married Gladys Hempstead on 22 April 1939 at the Parish Church. Here are the happy couple coming out of the church after the service. ...
Date: 22 April 1939
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_026