61. BALTRIGER was laid up in River Blackwater 24 October 1929 to about 21 September 1931. See BOXB8_001_001_002 for rear of photograph which contains a full ...
From: Misc notes and photos
Image ID BOXB8_001_001_001
62. Cruise liner VOLTAIRE laid up in River Blackwater off Bradwell. She was in the river from 1929 to 7 May 1932.
From: East Coast Camera
Image ID BOXQ_002_001_001
63. IMPERIAL PRINCE laid up in River Blackwater. She was in the river from 1930 to 7 June 1935.
From: East Coast Camera
Image ID BOXQ_002_001_002
64. Mell, Tollesbury. Postcard by F. Lord, Post Office, Tollesbury, not mailed. Another copy of this was mailed 25 August 1926
Date: Before August 1926
Image ID CG12_013
65. Birds Eye View, Tollesbury. Mell Lane? Postcard 96180 written 12 July 1937.
Laid up ships in the River Blackater - the ship on the right is thought to be ...
Image ID CG12_161
66. River Blackwater, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Liberty ship SAMLONG visible left of centre.
Image ID CG12_303
67. The Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard 126358, mailed 26 July 1936.
Laid up ships - MOLIERE on the left was in river 13 Mar 1931 to 21 May 1932
Date: Before 7 December 1932
Image ID CG13_073
68. The Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard 126360, not mailed.
Laid up ships L-R MEISSIONER (probably) - was in river from before 23 January 1931 to 22 July ...
Image ID CG13_079
69. The Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard unmailed.
Laid up HIGHLAND ROVER on the left, in the river July 1930 to 20 October 1932.
Date: cJuly 1930
Image ID CG13_091
70. Ships on the River Blackwater - postcar 122867A, unposted.
Image ID CG14_001
71. Off Tollesbury Pier. Postcard 126362, not posted.
Nelson Line vessel laid up in the River Blackwater. The vessel thought to be either MURILLO, MOLIERE or ...
Date: Before November 1932
Image ID CG14_005
72. River Blackwater, Tollesbury. Postcard mailed 15 September 1931
Second ship from the left is LONDON MERCHANT.
Date: Before September 1931
Image ID CG14_007
73. Ships in the River Blackwater. Postcard 122851.
Third ship from left with grey hull is the HIGHLAND WARRIOR.
Image ID CG14_009
74. Tollesbury River Blackwater. Postcard, not mailed.
Image ID CG14_013
75. River Blackwater Tollesbury. Postcard not mailed.
L to R ?, ?, CITY OF GUILDFORD, BENGUELA, HIGHLAND ROVER.
Image ID CG14_015
76. Tollesbury Essex. Postcard not mailed.
Image ID CG14_017
77. Off Tollesbury Pier. Postcard 126366, not mailed.
Six vessels visible, thought to be L-R 1 to 3 not known, 4. VOLTAIRE (15 Oct 1930 to 7 May 1932), 5. ...
Date: c18 October 1930
Image ID CG14_019
78. Tollesbury Essex. Postcard not mailed.
The ship in the centre is LONDON CITIZEN. Behind it are two Furness Withy ships - perhaps LONDON MERCHANT, IMPERIAL ...
Image ID CG14_021
79. Off Tollesbury. Postcard 126374 not mailed.
The vessel on the left is HIGHLAND ROVER - one of a class of 10 built for Nelson Line 1910-11. They were ...
Date: Before 20 October 1932
Image ID CG14_023
80. Railway Track, Tollesbury, Essex.
Used in "More from Tollesbury Past" by Keith Lovell, which says:
"The obsolete track to Tollesbury Pier Station is ...
Image ID CG22_070
81. Ships in the River Blackwater. Three ex-Nelson line ships.
Image ID CG4_006
82. Tollesbury. A pre-war view with ships laid up in the river. Postcard 96172.
Date: Before 1939
Image ID CG4_009
83. ZAK ex TREBARTHA laid up in the River Blackwater.
Date: 6 August 1982
Image ID CH090001
84. Shell tanker LABIOSA, thought to be whilst laid up in River Blackwater 1963-64. 6,473 tons gross, built 1948.
Image ID CH11_001
85. Bulk carrier ATTICA laid up in River Blackwater. Arrived in river 3 January 1983, renamed LADYLIKE whilst in River, and departed 17 June 1983.
ATTICA was ...
Date: 15 April 1983
Image ID CH11_003
86. Shell tankers laid up in the River Blackwater. HELICINA on the left, HYALINA on the right.
Image ID DBO_021
87. Laid up tanker ARO and a Sun tug, thought to be SUN XXII, in the River Blackwater. ARO which was in the River from 4 July 1975 to November 1978. She was built ...
Image ID DVY_SHP_001
88. Laid up in River Blackwater, thought to be LONDON CITIZEN, which was laid up in the river 23 February 1932 to 31 July 1936.
Image ID DWR_003
89. The two halves of the Liberty Ship HELENA MODJESKA anchored in the River Blackwater. She had gone aground on the Goodwin Sands 12 September 1946 and broke in ...
Date: Before 25 June 1948
Image ID DWS_SHP_001
90. Fid Harnack's BEN GUNN in the Blackwater. Laid up shipping in the background - ELSTEAD on the right.
Image ID FID_002_041