61. BALTRIGER was laid up in River Blackwater 24 October 1929 to about 21 September 1931. See BOXB8_001_001_002 for rear of photograph which contains a full ...
From: Misc notes and photos
Image ID BOXB8_001_001_001
62. Cruise liner VOLTAIRE laid up in River Blackwater off Bradwell. She was in the river from 1929 to 7 May 1932.
From: East Coast Camera
Image ID BOXQ_002_001_001
63. IMPERIAL PRINCE laid up in River Blackwater. She was in the river from 1930 to 7 June 1935.
From: East Coast Camera
Image ID BOXQ_002_001_002
64. Mell, Tollesbury. Postcard by F. Lord, Post Office, Tollesbury, not mailed. Another copy of this was mailed 25 August 1926
Date: Before August 1926
Image ID CG12_013
65. Birds Eye View, Tollesbury. Mell Lane? Postcard 96180 written 12 July 1937.
Laid up ships in the River Blackater - the ship on the right is thought to be ...
Image ID CG12_161
66. River Blackwater, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Liberty ship SAMLONG visible left of centre.
Image ID CG12_303
67. The Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard 126357, mailed but date unreadable.
Laid up ships MOLIERE was in river 13 May 1930 to 15 Jul 1930, 6 Nov 1930 to 8 Dec 1930, ...
Image ID CG13_071
68. The Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard 126358, mailed 26 July 1936.
Laid up ships - MOLIERE on the left was in river 13 May 1930 to 15 Jul 1930, 6 Nov 1930 to 8 ...
Date: Before 7 December 1932
Image ID CG13_073
69. The Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard 126360, not mailed.
Laid up ships L-R MEISSIONER (probably) - was in river from before 23 January 1931 to 22 July ...
Image ID CG13_079
70. The Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard unmailed.
Laid up HIGHLAND ROVER on the left, in the river July 1930 to 20 October 1932.
Date: cJuly 1930
Image ID CG13_091
71. Ships on the River Blackwater - postcard 122867, unposted. Photograph taken from Bradwell. Ships from the left are thought to be 1. JASON (7 May 1931 to 20 Sep ...
Date: cAugust 1931
Image ID CG14_001
72. Off Tollesbury Pier. Postcard 126362, not posted.
Nelson Line vessel laid up in the River Blackwater. The vessel thought to be either MURILLO, MOLIERE or ...
Date: Before November 1932
Image ID CG14_005
73. River Blackwater, Tollesbury. Postcard mailed 15 September 1931
Second ship from the left is LONDON MERCHANT.
Date: Before September 1931
Image ID CG14_007
74. Ships in the River Blackwater. Postcard 122851.
Third ship from left with grey hull is the HIGHLAND WARRIOR.
Image ID CG14_009
75. Tollesbury River Blackwater. Postcard, not mailed.
Image ID CG14_013
76. River Blackwater Tollesbury. Postcard not mailed.
L to R ?, ?, CITY OF GUILDFORD, BENGUELA, HIGHLAND ROVER.
Image ID CG14_015
77. Tollesbury Essex. Postcard not mailed.
Image ID CG14_017
78. Off Tollesbury Pier. Postcard 126366, not mailed.
Six vessels visible, thought to be L-R 1. not known, 2. GOTHIC STAR, 3. SUTHERLAND GRANGE (5 Oct 1930 to ...
Date: c18 October 1930
Image ID CG14_019
79. Tollesbury Essex. Postcard not mailed.
The ship in the centre is LONDON CITIZEN. Behind it are two Furness Withy ships - perhaps LONDON MERCHANT, IMPERIAL ...
Image ID CG14_021
80. Off Tollesbury. Postcard 126374 not mailed.
The vessel on the left is HIGHLAND ROVER - one of a class of 10 built for Nelson Line 1910-11. They were ...
Date: Before 20 October 1932
Image ID CG14_023
81. Railway Track, Tollesbury, Essex.
Used in "More from Tollesbury Past" by Keith Lovell, which says:
"The obsolete track to Tollesbury Pier Station is ...
Image ID CG22_070
82. Ships in the River Blackwater. Three ex-Nelson line ships.
Image ID CG4_006
83. Tollesbury. A pre-war view with ships laid up in the river. Postcard 96172.
Date: Before 1939
Image ID CG4_009
84. ZAK ex TREBARTHA laid up in the River Blackwater.
Date: 6 August 1982
Image ID CH090001
85. Shell tanker LABIOSA, thought to be whilst laid up in River Blackwater 1963-64. 6,473 tons gross, built 1948.
Image ID CH11_001
86. Bulk carrier ATTICA laid up in River Blackwater. Arrived in river 3 January 1983, renamed LADYLIKE whilst in River, and departed 17 June 1983.
ATTICA was ...
Date: 15 April 1983
Image ID CH11_003
87. Shell tankers laid up in the River Blackwater. HELICINA on the left, HYALINA on the right.
Image ID DBO_021
88. Laid up tanker ARO and a Sun tug, thought to be SUN XXII, in the River Blackwater. ARO which was in the River from 4 July 1975 to November 1978. She was built ...
Image ID DVY_SHP_001
89. Laid up in River Blackwater - photo from a Hebridge Basin resident.
Image ID DWR_001
90. Laid up in River Blackwater, thought to be LONDON CITIZEN, which was laid up in the river 23 February 1932 to 31 July 1936.
Image ID DWR_003