61. High Street, Tollesbury. Bell's postcard 2069.
Hope Inn on left, Kings Arms further down on right.
Image ID CG10_227
62. North Road, Tollesbury. Hammond postcard.
Image ID CG10_241
63. North Road, Tollesbury. Postcard 126334.
The van in the distance advertises Somerlite Lamp Oil.
Image ID CG10_247
64. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard by F. Artis, Dedham mailed 18 September 1903
Date: Before September 1903
Image ID CG10_261
65. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Used in Tollesbury Past, photo 21.
Image ID CG10_267
66. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard. Zebo for grates.
Image ID CG10_269
67. East Street, Tollesbury. facing west. Postcard 96192.
J. Leavett Family Butcher on right.
Image ID CG10_271
68. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard 96193 mailed 25 August 1928.
Date: Before August 1928
Image ID CG10_273
69. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_277
70. East Street, Tollesbury. Postcard 126383.
Post Office - a notice in the window announces change of Employment Books July 1932.. Hope Inn in the distance.
Date: Before July 1932
Image ID CG10_279
71. East Street, Tollesbury, facing East. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_281
72. Station Road, Tollesbury. Postcard. The hand cart is Holman & Co., Peoples Stores.
Used in Tollesbury Past, photo 20.
Image ID CG10_301
73. Station Road, Tollesbury. Postcard published by Co-operative Society, Tollesbury.
Image ID CG10_303
74. Station Road, Tollesbury. Postcard No.32.
Image ID CG10_307
75. Station Road, Tollesbury. Institute on the left. Postcard 96167.
Image ID CG10_309
76. Station Road, Tollesbury looking south towards the Church. Postcard mailed 21 April 1912.
Date: Before April 1912
Image ID CG10_317
77. Station Road, Tollesbury.
Image ID CG10_321
78. New Street [ New Road ], Tollesbury. Postcard.
The shed in the far right corner was used by Gowens during WW2.
Used in Tollesbury Past photo 14.
Image ID CG10_331
79. New Road, Tollesbury. Postcard mailed 20 July 1919.
Used as Plate 46 in Tollesbury Past by Keith Lovell, which places it at the junction of New Road with ...
Image ID CG10_333
80. New Road, Tollesbury. Postcard 126331 mailed with KG6 stamp.
Date: After 1936
Image ID CG10_335
81. Entrance to Tollesbury. Postcard mailed October 1914.
View east in what is now West Street, towards the Plough and Sail.
Date: Before October 1914
Image ID CG10_353
82. West Street, Tollesbury, looking east. The Shell petrol station is visible in the distance.
Image ID CG10_355
83. Wycke Lane, Tollesbury. Postcard 71482.
Image ID CG10_361
84. Spitzbergen, Tollesbury. Postcard No.45. This is now Wycke Lane.
Image ID CG10_371
85. Spitzbergen Lane, Tollesbury. Postcard 96183.
Photo is in More from Tollesbury Past, plate 39, which says it became Wycke Lane.
Image ID CG10_373
86. Reading War news at Tollesbury. Postcard.
Outside Proberts Shop in West Street.
L-R Mr Sams, Mr Crab, Mr Fell ex PC, Mr Standing.
Image ID CG10_401
87. Whites Milliners Drapers shop, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_407
88. Post Office, Tollesbury. Postcard 96163.
Image ID CG10_411
89. The Cycle Stores, Tollesbury.
Taken in 1914, when George Fisher the owner, sold perambulators, accessories, cycles, motorcycles and petrol, as well as ...
Image ID CG10_413
90. Ship Ahoy, Tollesbury. Gowers Postcard No.243 posted before 1910.
The 17th Century inn was formerly named 'The Crooked Billet', then variously as 'The Hoy' ...
Date: Before 1910
Image ID CG10_421