91. Highfields Country Club brochure.
Image ID HFB_BCH_006
92. Highfields Country Club brochure.
Image ID HFB_BCH_007
93. Clifford White men who built the Council Houses in Barfield Road c1920. Names as given by Mary Stevens are
1. Jack Spurgeon 2. Mr Freeman 3. Claud Dymock ...
Image ID HWC_AB1_005
94. West side of High Street, West Mersea. Mersea Fish Caterers, and L.W. Burton & Son beyond.
Image ID HWC_AB2_047
95. West side of High Street. S.A.M. Hines Estate Agents on left. Fortunate Finds, Mersea Fish Caterers, L.W. Burton & Son.
Image ID HWC_AB2_049
96. Looking north up High Street from Cock, butchers. Mary Chapman on bike. Jeffery's shop on the left.
Image ID HWC_AB2_051
97. High Street looking south. Melrose Road on left. Appleby butcher extreme right.
Image ID HWC_AB2_053
98. Tredget's shop on Queens Corner, with Pet Supplies next door.
Image ID HWC_AB2_059
99. Archie Smith's. Queens Corner.
Image ID HWC_AB2_063
100. S.A.M. Hines shop, High Street.
Image ID HWC_AB2_069
101. Harold Cutts outside chandlery shop of Wm Wyatt Ltd.
Image ID HWC_AB4_024
102. 90 years of Fen Farm. Candy Evans explores the history of an Essex campsite that has been serving campers for nine decades.
In 1923, a group of ...
Date: July 2014
Image ID IA01_121
103. Outside West Mersea Post Office --- before the Rotunda Spring 1981.
Date: cMarch 1981
Image ID IA1_LUC_572
104. The Rotunda, newly erected outside West Mersea Post Office. Spring 1981.
Date: cApril 1981
Image ID IA1_LUC_575
105. Bonners Barn on the north side of the Strood. This was West Mersea until the April 1953 boundary change, and is now Peldon.
A grain dryer was built ...
Image ID JAY_BBN_003
106. Griffon Garage. Mobilgas Petrol. Triumph TR3.
Image ID JAY_GRF_001
107. Griffon Garage. Henry Chapman - Ron Green's Uncle.
Ron says about the car: I would guess the TR3 belonged to Dr. Howes , it was always in the garage for ...
Image ID JAY_GRF_005
108. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9135A. Barfield Road. Clifford White's yard lower left. Old council houses on north side of road - they were named Stour Terrace. ...
Image ID JBA_416
109. Regatta parade 1934. Leonard Mills holding horse, his daughter Joan on on top of cart. She married Harry Vince and had five children.
Marion is now ...
Date: August 1934
Image ID JML_052
110. K.G. Furnishings. West Mersea 3308.
Image ID KML_005
111. Tea at Two Sugars cafe on Victoria Esplanade
Back 1. Geoff Atkins, 2. Gerald Mason, 3. Gilbert Lee
Front 1. Hector Hewes, 2. Jeff Hewes, 3. Colin 'Chix' ...
Image ID KML_021
112. High Street North from corner of Barfield Road. B1025 finger post on the left. Griffon Garage on the right, probably Griffon Garage to the right probably owned ...
Image ID LH22_020
113. 1987 Hurricane. Tony Smith's Mace Food Market in Kingsland Road. Mona Villas 1897.
Date: 16 October 1987
Image ID LH3_008
114. 1987 Hurricane. Bonners Barn.
Date: 16 October 1987
Image ID LH3_010
115. Queens Corner. Eastern National bus VNO738S on service 75 to Colchester, Austin Maxi car. James F. Fraser Antiques ?
In December 2009, VNO738S was still in ...
Date: Before October 1986
Image ID LH4_025
116. Kingsland Road - West Mersea School and Co-op shop.
Image ID LH4_045
117. Mersea Auto Spares, Blackwater Hotel. Church Road
Image ID LH4_053
118. High Street opposite Yorick Road. Woodwards Stores, Jefferies
Image ID LH4_063
119. Old Forge Filling Station on Kingsland Road.
Image ID LH52_007
120. Co-op store on the corner of Barfield Road and Kingsland Road.
Image ID LH52_010