91. MALDEN HILL laid up, possibly in the River Blackwater
Image ID IA002360
92. ROCHESTER CASTLE arriving Malta in August 1942. She was one of only five merchant ships to get through in Operation Pedestal to relieve Malta.
Date: August 1942
Image ID IA002390
93. Eagle Oil tanker SAN VELINO, believed to be laid up in the River Blackwater. Print from Fotoship, Penarth.
Photo is also on ...
Image ID IA002400
94. Part of a postcard. The vessel on the right is believed to be the VOLTAIRE, which was in the River Blackwater 15 October 1930 to 7 May 1932.
Image ID IA002600
95. ROCHESTER CASTLE in the River Blackwater. She was laid up in the River at least 7 times in the 1960s.
Image ID IA002610
96. MARIA DE LARRINAGA in the River Blackwater. The ship on the left is the OKEANIS.
Image ID IA002690
97. Shell tanker GLESSULA, probably in the River Blackwater.
Image ID IA003110
98. View from beach, West Mersea. Shipping is laid up in the Blackwater after WW2. The vessel on th right is the former Blue Funnel vessel PHILOCTETES, which had ...
Image ID IA003420
99. Tanker BEDFORD laid up in the River Blackwater.
Date: cJuly 1960
Image ID IA003650
100. The Liberty Ship SAMLONG in the River Blackwater, taken from Mell Creek, Tollesbury. Part of a postcard - see ...
Image ID IA003870
101. Shell tanker HYALINA laid up in the River Blackwater. The goliath crane at Bradwell Power Station is behind her stern.
HYALINA was in the river 20 Jan 1958 to ...
Image ID IA003880_001
102. PORT CURTIS laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. Built 1920, Official No. 144533. In a seasonal trade, she was laid up 5 times between February 1931 ...
Date: cAugust 1931
Image ID IA004621
103. IMPERIAL PRINCE, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater in the early 1930s. Official No. 146553.
Image ID IA004631
104. Blue Star Line GAELIC STAR Official No. 140302 in the River Blackwater.
Tony Atkinson gives her history from arrival in River ...
Date: 25 June 1949
Image ID IA004661
105. TARGET. Designed ad built by The Rowhedge Ironworks Co. Ltd., Shipbuilders and Engineers. Colchester.
Ship No. 526. 1936.
Builder's name plate from ...
Image ID IA01_021
106. Gas turbine powered Shell tanker AURIS at sea - date unknown.
Notes from the back of the photograph:
AURIS Shell Tankers 8,221/1948 12 kts appearance ...
Image ID IA01_211
107. Tanker SUHAIL laid up in River Blackwater. She was in the river 28 June 1960 to 17 December 1963 with a visit to London for dry docking 4-9 November 1962.
Date: 16 September 1962
Image ID IA01_471
108. THE BOUNTY ex ALASTOR at Ramsgate. She was towed to Ramsgate in 1946 and left March 1951. Postcard 1044.
Image ID IA01_671
109. Dutch coasters BARRACUDA and ALBERT D at the Moler Works at Colchester Hythe. The works manufactured fire bricks and a number of Dutch coasters were regular ...
Image ID IA01_861
110. CAPTAIN JOHN laid up in River Blackwater
Date: 8 May 1984
Image ID IA01_863
111. The River Blackwater from Bradwell waterfront. Laid up ships in the distance - the centre and right ships are Royal Mail Lines' DESEADO and DARRO respectively. ...
Image ID IC010050
112. BASIL, probably while she was laid up in the River Blackwater c1962.
Photograph from A. Duncan, Gravesend.
Image ID IC090002
113. BEECH HILL, believed to be in the River Blackwater, with MALDEN HILL behind her bow and Bradwell power station being constructed behind her stern.
Date: cFebruary 1958
Image ID IC090005
114. PUNTARENAS, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 24 November 1957 and arrived Aviles, Spain for breaking up 5 ...
Image ID IC090011
115. Nelson Line M class vessel laid up in the River Blackwater.
The vessel thought to be either MURILLO, MOLIERE or MEISSONIER.
Part of postcard 126362.
Date: 30 November 1932
Image ID IC090021_001
116. Union Castle RIEBEECK CASTLE, thought to be during one of her visits to the River Blackwater - she was in the river 1962, 1963 and 1966-67.
Image ID IC090029
117. Shell tanker NEVERITA laid up, thought to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from about July 1961 to February 1963, when she went for scrap. ...
Image ID IC090061
118. BRAZILIAN PRINCE - photograph thought to be while laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 22 January 1958 to 11 November ...
Date: cAugust 1958
Image ID IC09_125
119. Eagle Oil tanker SAN ELISEO laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from October 1960 to April 1963, when she went for scrap.
Image ID IC09_131
120. Shell tanker GALEOMMA laid up in River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_139