31. Barge VENTA at Colchester Hythe. Photo marked non-copyright and addressed to Hervey Benham, HMS Vernon, Portsmouth.
Hervey sailed as Mate on the VENTA at ...
Image ID HBC_009_026
32. WILL EVERARD at Colchester Hythe.
Date: June 1948
Image ID HBC_013_010
33. Postcard of Colchester Hythe before 1908. Barges ESTHER (one of at least 3), Marriages LANDRAIL (stern), Owen Parry's VERA and steamship GEM Official No. 81975.
Date: Before 1908
Image ID HBC_018_003
34. Colchester High Street looking East.
Image ID HEM_OPA_201
35. Anchor recovered from Barrow Deep by West Mersea fisherman Pat Mead, at the Hythe, Colchester, en route to Mersea.
Image ID IA003410
36. Dutch coasters BARRACUDA and ALBERT D at the Moler Works at Colchester Hythe. The works manufactured fire bricks and a number of Dutch coasters were regular ...
Image ID IA01_861
37. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3707. Colchester looking west with St Botolph's Church and St Botolph's Station just above centre. St. John's Abbey Gate centre ...
Image ID JBA_850
38. St James the Less, Colchester. Wedding unknown.
From a collection of wedding photographs by Jack Botham.
Image ID JBM_031
39. Colchester Carnival
From Vivian Woods
Image ID JNY_OPA_013
40. Receipt from T.M. Locke, Long Wyre Street, Colchester, for household items.
Date: 1 August 1936
Image ID LIL_OPA_143
41. Make you a wholesome answer. Colchester Repertory Company. By Hervey Benham
Image ID MBK_CRP_001
42. Grey Friars. Colchester's Forgotten Corner.
The seven lives of a special site, by Joan Gurney and Alan Skinner
Image ID MBK_GR2_001
43. Grey Friars. Opening the Door to Adult Education
By Dorothy Schwarz, Maggie Freeman, Alan Skinner
Image ID MBK_GR3_001
44. Mersea buses in Stanwell Street, Colchester. Herbert Green on left. Bob Woodward leaning on radiator.
Ron Green writes: Those buses were not fast by ...
Image ID MMC_P21_E
45. Sailing barge DAWN at Hythe Bridge bound for East Mills. The crew are L-R Charlie Jennings, unknown, Clarie Simmons and Buff Hedgecock.
Photo: Douglas ...
Image ID MST_BAR_001
46. Mersea Island Sea Cadet Band - Colchester High Street.
From David Mussett photo album.
Image ID MST_SCC_105
47. F.C. Winch, Wines and Spirits Merchants, Head Street, Colchester.
Frederick Clappison Winch (known as 'Clappy') was a wine merchant with this shop on ...
Image ID PMS_FCW_001
48. Paxmans. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_001
49. Paxmans - Alf Skinner and Ralph Osbourne. Britannia Works. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_003
50. Paxman 6YLX. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_005
51. Paxman 6YLX. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_009
52. Paxman 6YLX or 6YLY. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_013
53. Paxman 6YLX prototype. Britannia Works.
Image ID REA_AB4_015
54. Paxmans - diesel shunter. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_017
55. Barge MAID OF THE MILL at East Mills, Colchester.
Image ID RG010008
56. Barge MAID OF THE MILL at East Mills, Colchester
Image ID RG010009
57. Colchester Hythe. The vessel on the left is MOLER VENTURE, built to carry refractory bricks from the continent. 597 grt, build 1972 by Cook at Wivenhoe. Yard ...
Image ID RG01_001
58. Owen Parry Ltd., Oil Mills, Colchester. Postcard dated 29 December 1905 with prices for "Parry" Linseed Cakes and "Parry" Cotton Cakes on the back.
See . ...
Date: Before December 1905
Image ID RG03_641
59. Back of postcard from Owen Parry Ltd, Oil Mills, Colchester. See ...
Date: Before December 1905
Image ID RG03_642
60. Hauling up Spars: After passing under the road bridge near East Mills, Colchester, the crew of the "spritty" barge LEOFLEDA winch up the gear again. Alongside ...
Date: Before May 1950
Image ID RG04_001