91. STEVONIA in the Colne bound for Colchester. She was owned by Capt. J.W. Wharton, Keadby.
Built 1948 Official No. 181203, 384 tons. Broken up ...
Date: 18 January 1953
Image ID RWS_000_151
92. Rowbotham's small tanker TILLERMAN approaching Colchester.
She was built in Holland 1931 and broken up in Holland 1963. Official No. 162652 220 ...
Date: 18 January 1953
Image ID RWS_000_153
93. Everard boats at Colchester Hythe. FIXITY departing empty, passing the barge CAMBRIA. Several of their coasters were regular visitors, particularly with coal ...
Image ID RWS_017_003
94. Panamanian coaster CAVIMA at Colchester Hythe.
CAVIMA was built Neuenfelde, Germany, in 1957 as ELISABETH BROKER. Renamed 1972 CARL FRIGAST, 1982 CAVIMA. ...
Date: cJanuary 1983
Image ID RWS_019_001
95. MV BARRACUDA registered Groningen, passing Wivenhoe bound for Colchester Hythe.
Loaned by SSBR via Don Wright.
Date: 19 August 1954
Image ID RWS_032_081
96. Dutch coaster GRADA passing Wivenhoe. In the background are the CAP PILAR and two motor minesweepers.
The back of the photo says "Boat taken from ...
Image ID RWS_032_083
97. Everard's ANNUITY aground in the River Colne between Rowhedge and Colchester.
She had been built as LEELEE by Rennie Forrestt at Wivenhoe in 1917 for James ...
Date: 9 December 1951
Image ID RWS_032_085
98. MOLER VENTURE at Colchester. MOLER VENTURE was built to carry refractory bricks from the continent. 597 grt, build 1972 by Cook at Wivenhoe. Yard No. 1425. IMO ...
Date: November 1976
Image ID SHP_SAN_800
99. GILLATION at Colchester Hythe in the 1970s. Built 1964 by London and Rochester Trading, at Strood.
Image ID SHP_STC_602
100. ANDESCOL at Colchester Hythe in the 1970s. Built 1961 Hoogezand. Registered Colchester. In London & Rochester colours.
Image ID SHP_STC_604
101. BANDICK loading grain at Colchester Hythe in the 1970s. Beyond her, extreme left, is the COLNE DREDGER.
Image ID SHP_STC_608
102. TRILBY (left) and BRANDRAM at Colchester Hythe in the 1970s.
TRILBY was built Rochester in 1896 as a sailing barge. Official No. 106527. Like several of ...
Image ID SHP_STC_610
103. LODELLA at Colchester Hythe in the 1970s. IMO No. 7039555, built 1970 and owned by London & Rochester Trading Company. The barge astern is thought to be ...
Image ID SHP_STC_624
104. MAGUDA at Colchester Hythe in the 1970s. IMO 5217232, built 1959 Hoogezand, 220 tons gross.
When Francis & Gilders of Colchester, London & Rochester ...
Image ID SHP_STC_626
105. MARY WESTON at Colchester Hythe, date unknown. IMO No. 7328138.
Image ID SHP_STC_630
106. PIA at Colchester, date unknown. IMO 5108845 built 1950 Sietas as ESTE. Named PIA 1976 to 1983.
Image ID SHP_STC_633
107. POLYTHENE at Colchester, date unknown. Built 1949 Goole Shipbuilding for ICI. 330 grt., Official No. 183740.
Image ID SHP_STC_636
108. VERALIL at Colchester Hythe in the 1980s. IMO 7321453 built 1973 299 tons gross. Renamed ERRIA 1983.
24 Jul 2010 Jens Peter Nielsen wrote:
This was my ...
Image ID SHP_STC_644
109. WALL BROOK at Colchester Hythe, gasworks quay, date unknown. Built 1940, 244 tons gross. Sunk as a target off Wainfleet after March 1999.
Image ID SHP_STC_646
110. Everard's FRIVOLITY at Colchester Gas Works. FRIVOLITY was a war-time standard vessel, 410 gross tons, built 1944 at Goole Shipbuilding as EMPIRE FASHION, ...
Date: 18 May 1958
Image ID TM580001
111. Everard's SOCIALITY leaving Colchester Hythe, having delivered a cargo to Colchester Gasworks. SOCIALITY was built in Holland in 1953 as JUNE B and bought by ...
Date: 7 June 1959
Image ID TM580006
112. Everard's SEDULITY passing Rowhedge on one of many trips to Colchester Hythe. Coal for Colchester Gas Works was a regular trade for Everard's small coasters and ...
Date: 1 June 1958
Image ID TM580010
113. Auxiliary barge WILL EVERARD and coaster SEDULITY at Colchester Gas Works.
WILL EVERARD built of steel at Fellows, Great Yarmouth, 1925, Official No. ...
Date: 24 March 1962
Image ID TM62_0006
114. London & Clacton-on-Sea Karrier charabanc HK5085 belonging to Primrose Buses at Stanwell Street, Colchester. Driver Bert Green.
Image ID WOO_BUS_003
115. Charabanc HK7194. Bob Woodward is on the left. Note the individual windscreens.
Photograph in Stanwell Street, Colchester. The tall wall is round St John's ...
Image ID WOO_BUS_015
116. Colchester Carnival. Miss Dinah Hone, the Queen of Beauty, knighting the Mayor of Colchester (Cr. Wm. C. Harper)
From Essex County Standard 6 June 1931, ...
Date: 30 May 1931
Image ID WW02_001_003