121. The severe winter 1962-63 at West Mersea Hard looking out towards the Packing Shed and the river. Wherever possible boats were brought ashore and any wooden ...
Image ID ASH096
122. Packing Marsh Island in the severe winter of 1962-63. Viewed from the south with Packing Marsh Island in the centre foreground. There is clear water to the west ...
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID ASH097
123. Beach huts at West Mersea
Image ID ATK_005
124. Mersea regatta 1957
Image ID ATK_011
125. 1953 Fred Smith delivering bread!
Image ID ATK_013
126. Fred Smith delivering bread!
Image ID ATK_015
127. Beach Tea Gardens - Spinney Cafe 1946/47
Image ID ATK_019
128. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road.
Alf Parrish left
Image ID ATK_021
129. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road
By 2019, this was Backwater Pearl
Image ID ATK_023
130. Outside Fleet View Stores. L-R Janice Tucker, Alf Parish, Mrs Howland
Image ID ATK_025
131. Outside Fleet View Stores, Coast Road. Alf Parrish on left.
Image ID ATK_029
132. St Peter's Meadow - the Cricket Field. From Coast Road looking across Besom towards Tollesbury.
Image ID ATK_031
133. Hove Creek and houseboats.
Image ID ATK_033
134. Ted Woolf oyster pits on Coast Road - just visible distant left is the laid up ship PHILOCTETES, which was in the Blackwater June 1946 to April 1948
Image ID ATK_035
135. John Tucker (Alan's brothers) and Michael Ralph, by the old boating lake.
Image ID ATK_037
136. Janice Parrish - Alan Tucker's wife. Mid 1950s. Beach huts and Spinney Cafe behind.
Image ID ATK_039
137. Janice Parrish and Patricia Catchpole on the beach near the Spinney Cafe.
Image ID ATK_041
138. Dawn at West Mersea - just across water from Bradwell where St. Cedd landed on his pilgrimage to bring the Christian faith to Essex. Newspaper cutting.
Image ID ATK_043
139. Bottom of Kingsland Road
Image ID ATK_045
140. Heritage Open Days at Mersea Barrow. Keith Lovell directing the traffic.
Photograph from ...
Date: 14 September 2014
Image ID ATL_001
141. Anthea Harding sitting on the wall at her grandparent's house - 'Strood Close' on the Peldon side of the Strood. This wall came down in the 1953 flood.
Date: Before February 1953
Image ID AW02_001_126
142. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
143. Aerial view of part of East Road, West Mersea, looking northeast. Brierley Hall is lower centre. On the left is Mondamin, with Patricia Catchpole's stables next ...
Image ID AWA_011
144. Patricia Catchpole's stables on East Road.
Anne Watson says "The second building was put up in 58, we called it "Buckingham Palace" it was an old prefab ...
Image ID AWA_025
145. Patricia Catchpole at Hall Barn Riding Stables.
Image ID AWA_029
146. Crossing the Strood in thick snow, probably 1958. Anne is fairly sure it's Underwood's taxi, driven by Jack Saye. "The snow looks about a foot deep," she said, ...
Date: cFebruary 1958
Image ID AWA_051
147. 1958 - 1959 West Mersea School Concert at the British Legion.
L-R Susan Fahie, Carol Wignall, Marina Hewes, Sarah Vince, Judy Farthing, Sheila Slowgrove, ...
Image ID AWA_061
148. Netball or Rounders team at West Mersea School 1958 - 1959.
Back row: Wendy Stubbings, Marlene Fletcher, Shirley Ward (Teacher). Christine Russell, ...
Image ID AWA_063
149. Mersea Garden Centre on the east side of Dawes Lane as you approach East Road. The Garden Centre was run by Anne and Les Watson 1978 to 1982.
Image ID AWA_101
150. Part of V.J. Watson's yard which was in business in Prince Albert Road from about 1974 to 1996. They sold mainly diesel engine spares for Paxmans etc., and ...
Image ID AWA_103