511. Waiting for the Tide off Bradwell. A postcard from Cleghorn of Mersea, posted 1905. Barge nearest the camera is the BLACKWATER.
Image ID SS040024
512. Unloading Kent bricks from barge RUSSELL on the Hard at Mersea. The barge ahead is unloading timber. It is the GOLDEN FLEECE, a Colchester barge.
Image ID SS050025
513. The barge DAWN in the lock at Heybridge following her rebuild.
Date: 18 May 2007
Image ID SS050049
514. Stackie SNOWDROP, owned by Walter Wrinch of Erwarton. Official No. 81167.
Photograph from a glass plate from SSBR archives - not to be used without their ...
Image ID SSBR_001
515. Yacht barge JUNE of Rochester, at Battlesbridge. JUNE was owned by A.S. Bennett for many years.
Image ID SSBR_BBR_001
516. The River Crouch, Battlesbridge.
Postcard from SSBR archives.
Image ID SSBR_BBR_005
517. Sailing barge DUCHESS in the lock at Heybridge Basin. The barge was owned by Clem Parker of Bradwell, and this must have been one of the summer family cruises ...
Image ID SSL_001
518. Last resting place of barges OXYGEN (on the left) and SCOTIA. Photograph from Heybridge sea wall looking across to Maldon. Laid up steam tug BRENT in the ...
Date: 23 August 2010
Image ID TM2_5421
519. Sailing barge CAMBRIA in the River Blackwater. After a long restoration, the CAMBRIA was relaunched at Standard Quay, Faversham 21 March 2011. When she was ...
Date: 20 July 2011
Image ID TM3_0704
520. Bow rail of sailing barge VICTA in Mersea Museum. Official No. 67085 built Rochester 1874 and formerly named &CO. She ended her days as a houseboat alongside ...
Date: 23 September 2014
Image ID TM3_7246
521. Auxiliary barge WILL EVERARD and coaster SEDULITY at Colchester Gas Works.
WILL EVERARD built of steel at Fellows, Great Yarmouth, 1925, Official No. ...
Date: 24 March 1962
Image ID TM62_0006
522. Sailing barge KITTY in Buzz'n, arriving to act as Committee Boat for West Mersea Town Regatta.
Date: 19 August 2016
Image ID TM7_5523
523. WILL EVERARD on trip from CWS Wharf Hull to Kings Lynn. The barge was late for the tide and the pilot vessel is giving her a helping hand into Kings Lynn.
Image ID WIL_001_005
524. WILL EVERARD at Kings Lynn alongside the grain silo.
Image ID WIL_001_006
525. WILL EVERARD on the Humber. CWS Wharf Hull to Kings Lynn.
Image ID WIL_001_009
526. Mersea's Rainy Regatta
Barge EDITH MAY
Colchester Express 17 August 1972
from West Mersea Council Cuttings Book 3 loose cuttings.
Date: 12 August 1972
Image ID WMC_SB03_105
527. Barge MAFEKING unloading bricks on Mersea beach for building houses in Fairhaven Avenue, West Mersea.
Image ID WVR1_037
528. A 'stackie' barge at West Mersea Hard. Stonehill House is on the right with Firs Chase to the left of it, but "Journey's End" has not yet been built. (The land ...
Date: Before 1908
Image ID WVR1_079
529. The River Colne from East Mersea. Steam yacht lying in the Pyefleet (VALFREYIA ?) and a barge coming down river.
Image ID WVR1_084
530. Loading up mines - onto a Naval vessel from a sailing barge. Photo from Ronnie Hone ?
Date: May 1917
Image ID WW03_HON_011