511. Barge REMINDER in Medway Race. Used in Spritsail Barges by E. March page 185.
Date: 23 July 1934
Image ID RG27_569
512. Ketch barge ZENOBIA at Wells, Norfolk about 1922-23 Capt. Billy Green, daughter Una & wife Daisie.
ZENOBIA was Official No. 91903, built Ipswich 1886.
Image ID RG27_573
513. Barge FLY --- Fingringhoe Wick.
Built 1899 Official No. 110192, owned by Goldsmith.
Image ID RMY_OPA_099
514. West Mersea Town Regatta, 1983. The committee boat is barge BEATRICE MAUD.
Date: August 1983
Image ID RNLI_TS3_171
515. Thames barges ADSEY and ENTERPRISE on the Rhine river at Remagen to load Apollinaris mineral water.
The wicker covered 1000 liter containers on the shore are ...
Image ID ROB_003
516. Sailing barge GLADYS of Dover, at Remagen on the Rhine.
GLADYS built 1900, Official No. 105558.
Image ID ROB_007
517. Painting of ketch barge HARWICH. Built Harwich 1867 Official No. 56427.
35mm slide processed Apr 75, via Don Wright, SSBR.
Image ID RWS_001_008
518. Ipswich Dock. Coaster LATONA registered Panama in the centre. Sailing barge HYDROGEN on the right.
LATONA was built in 1965 by Bolson, Hamworthy, as PETREL ...
Date: After 1978
Image ID RWS_002_002
519. Sailing barge WYVENHOE and ferry BRIGHTLINGSEA on the slip. Location not known.
35mm slide processed 05/89, via Don Wright, SSBR
Date: cMay 1989
Image ID RWS_006_001
520. Sailing barge MELISSA on the slipway.
35mm slide processed 260704, via Don Wright, SSBR
Date: cJuly 2004
Image ID RWS_029_001
521. River Orwell, Ipswich. The barges are possibly THE SISTERS of Maldon with OLIVE BRANCH ahead of her.
Loaned via SSBR
Image ID RWS_033_003
522. Horlock's RESOURCEFUL as a motor barge at Ipswich. She was built as a sailing barge in 1930, but converted to motor barge around 1933. Eventually she became a ...
Image ID RWS_033_005
523. Coast Road and The Hard. Clarke & Carter's slip on the left. Sailing barge DAWN under her covers in the centre. Houseboats on the right.
Part of a ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3707
524. The barge VICTA near the Shell bungalow, Peldon. Mrs and Mrs Donovan Rowley. Late 1940s. The cottage on the right is on the Mersea to Peldon road.
Image ID SEL_001
525. TRILBY (left) and BRANDRAM at Colchester Hythe in the 1970s.
TRILBY was built Rochester in 1896 as a sailing barge. Official No. 106527. Like several of ...
Image ID SHP_STC_610
526. One of the earliest photographs we have of the island. Stackie barge KEEBLE and Mr Underwood's carrier's cart on the Strood, Mersea Island. There were many ...
Image ID SS010061
527. Waiting for the Tide off Bradwell. A postcard from Cleghorn of Mersea, posted 1905. Barge nearest the camera is the BLACKWATER.
Image ID SS040024
528. Unloading Kent bricks from barge RUSSELL on the Hard at Mersea. The barge ahead is unloading timber. It is the GOLDEN FLEECE, a Colchester barge.
Image ID SS050025
529. The barge DAWN in the lock at Heybridge following her rebuild.
Date: 18 May 2007
Image ID SS050049
530. Stackie SNOWDROP, owned by Walter Wrinch of Erwarton. Official No. 81167.
Photograph from a glass plate from SSBR archives - not to be used without their ...
Image ID SSBR_001
531. Yacht barge JUNE of Rochester, at Battlesbridge. JUNE was owned by A.S. Bennett for many years.
Image ID SSBR_BBR_001
532. The River Crouch, Battlesbridge.
Postcard from SSBR archives.
Image ID SSBR_BBR_005
533. Sailing barge DUCHESS in the lock at Heybridge Basin. The barge was owned by Clem Parker of Bradwell, and this must have been one of the summer family cruises ...
Image ID SSL_001
534. Last resting place of barges OXYGEN (on the left) and SCOTIA. Photograph from Heybridge sea wall looking across to Maldon. Laid up steam tug BRENT in the ...
Date: 23 August 2010
Image ID TM2_5421
535. Sailing barge CAMBRIA in the River Blackwater. After a long restoration, the CAMBRIA was relaunched at Standard Quay, Faversham 21 March 2011. When she was ...
Date: 20 July 2011
Image ID TM3_0704
536. Bow rail of sailing barge VICTA in Mersea Museum. Official No. 67085 built Rochester 1874 and formerly named &CO. She ended her days as a houseboat alongside ...
Date: 23 September 2014
Image ID TM3_7246
537. Auxiliary barge WILL EVERARD and coaster SEDULITY at Colchester Gas Works.
WILL EVERARD built of steel at Fellows, Great Yarmouth, 1925, Official No. ...
Date: 24 March 1962
Image ID TM62_0006
538. Sailing barge KITTY in Buzz'n, arriving to act as Committee Boat for West Mersea Town Regatta.
Date: 19 August 2016
Image ID TM7_5523
539. WILL EVERARD on trip from CWS Wharf Hull to Kings Lynn. The barge was late for the tide and the pilot vessel is giving her a helping hand into Kings Lynn.
Image ID WIL_001_005
540. WILL EVERARD at Kings Lynn alongside the grain silo.
Image ID WIL_001_006