1. "Uncle Bill Carrington". Ann Ward says that when she was a young girl, she and her parents used to enjoy musical evenings with Uncle Bill and the Sheltons.
Image ID AN03_026_001
2. West Mersea Foresters
Court "Sailors' Home," No. 5105, AOF
Holders of the Colchester District Challenge Shield, 1931, 1934 and 1935, for the highest ...
Date: 25 April 1936
Image ID AOF_003
3. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road.
Alf Parrish left
Image ID ATK_021
4. Outside Fleet View Stores. L-R Janice Tucker, Alf Parish, Mrs Howland
Image ID ATK_025
5. John Tucker (Alan's brothers) and Michael Ralph, by the old boating lake.
Image ID ATK_037
6. Janice Parrish - Alan Tucker's wife. Mid 1950s. Beach huts and Spinney Cafe behind.
Image ID ATK_039
7. Janice Parrish and Patricia Catchpole on the beach near the Spinney Cafe.
Image ID ATK_041
8. Anthea Harding sitting on the wall at her grandparent's house - 'Strood Close' on the Peldon side of the Strood. This wall came down in the 1953 flood.
Date: Before February 1953
Image ID AW02_001_126
9. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
10. Horseman's Sunday at Patricia Catchpole stables on East Road. Rev. East officiated.
L-R Gordon Allen, Charlie Buckingham, Norma Appleby, Ann Knight, Angela ...
Image ID AWA_001
11. At Patricia Catchpole's Stables in East Road, c1958
Back Suzanne Taylor, Eval Tovim, Mike Spurgeon
Middle row Catchy, Sarah Vince now Cock, Wendy ...
Image ID AWA_003
12. On the field behind Empress Avenue - Patricia Catchpole's Riding School.
L-R Gordon Allen's father, Rosemary Allen with Gordon behind. Nell the dog. Norma ...
Image ID AWA_005
13. Wife of Reverend East, Nan Peacefull (Gladys but NEVER known as anything but Nan), Patricia Catchpole (Catchy) in a rare photo indeed of her not wearing ...
Image ID AWA_007
14. Catchy relaxing with Pickles on the sea wall. [Patricia Catchpole]
Image ID AWA_009
15. Patricia Catchpole
Image ID AWA_027
16. Anne Watson née Knight with niece Gill Baker 3yrs old. Arva Lad (Paddy) belonging to Doctor Howes.
Image ID AWA_215
17. Brierley Hall, June 1954. The Knight family moved here 24 May 1954.
Back L-R John, Archie, David.
Front Elsie, Anne.
Date: June 1954
Image ID AWA_217
18. Harry Oats with Orion, at Patricia Catchpole's Riding Stables.
Image ID AWA_219
19. Patricia Catchpole with Orion, at the riding stables.
Image ID AWA_221
20. Wendy Westcott with Orion and Catchy, at Patricia Catchpole's Riding Stables.
Image ID AWA_223
21. Gill Baker, Wendy Knight and Archie Knight at Brierley Hall.
Image ID AWA_225
22. L-R Unknown on Tiny, Wendy Knight née Westcott on Paddy, unknown on Clipper.
Image ID AWA_229
23. Phyllis Catchpole
Image ID AWA_309
24. Stewart Catchpole with his wife Norah, possibly at Wisley. Stewart was Patricia Catchpole's elder brother.
Image ID AWA_311
25. Catchy - Patricia Catchpole, and Norah, wife of Stewart Catchpole, Catchy's brother.
Image ID AWA_313
26. Mersea. A Douglas Went photograph, used in The Sailor's Coast page 30. The boat is CERISE. The lady is Barbara Went.
Image ID BF03_001_093_001
27. Unidentified gentleman of the road. Probably Wivenhoe.
Image ID BF69_009_008
28. Unknown child standing in street with horse and cart in background
From: Rowhedge photos and documents
Image ID BF70_001_039_001
29. Long guns and tall tales. L-R Bob South, who killed nine Brent geese with one shot from a single 12-bore; 'Admiral' Bill Wyatt, aged eighty-one and still ...
Image ID BOX004_023_001
30. First Ladies Race at Brightlingsea.
Top Miss K. Poole delighted at winning a Second Prize in JUMBO II, Jack Maltby's new B.O.D.C.
Bottom - A study of the ...
Image ID BOX058_003_001