|Career:||Built as MONTILLA for Blue Star Line.
1920 renamed GAELICSTAR.
1929 renamed GAELIC STAR.
Tony Atkinson gives her history from arrival in River Blackwater:
29.12.1948: Laid up in the Blackwater River, Essex.
5.8.1949: British Registry closed and ownership transferred to Compagnia Genovese Di Navigazione a Vapore S.p.A., Genoa, Italy and subsequently renamed CAPO NOLI.
(Note: The purchase prices was believed to be about £30,000).
13.8.1949: Left Blackwater.
12.12.1950: Sold to Gestioni Esercizio Navi-G.E.N., Genoa, Italy,
1956: Company restyled to Gestioni Esercizio Nav-Sicilia, G.E.N.S., Genoa.
2.1959: Sold to Roltamindustrie, Milan, Italy for demolition.
1.7.1959: Demolition commenced at Trieste, Italy by Sidemar.
5 August 1949 delivered to Italian owners and renamed CAPO NOLI.
July 1959 broken up at Trieste.
Tony Atkinson is the author of 'Blue Star Line, a Fleet History', ISBN 978-0992826383, published 2014.
From Oyster Company ledger:
- 12 February 1949 Compensation 6 wks 3 days Blue Star Line Ltd.
- 13 August 1949 Compensation 2 wks.