Image 25 of 1514
Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from cartoonist Leslie Grimes 1948/49. When they sold it in 1969, it was to the Church of England, and the house became The Vicarage, Peldon 2 or 3 years. The Tate family later named the house Pyefleet House.
Photo: Mersea Museum - Anthea Wade Collection
Image ID AW02_003
Category 1 Mersea-->Buildings
Category 3 Places-->Peldon
Category 4 Places-->Peldon-->People
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.