Image 19 of 127
Rowhedge heyday, winter 1908. High Street from opposite Pearson's Quay. A smack alongside the Anchor Quay on left. Laid up yachts line the river wall above the village, as far as the "first bridge". A yacht is on the slipway in Houston's yard, in centre background. The ferryboat lies at the ferry hard landing, where two cottages hide the Anchor public house, beyond.
Photo: John Leather Collection
Image ID BF70_001_034_001
Category 2 Places-->Rowhedge
This image is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection.