MMS 1012 [on back of photograph]
FY PT 1012 leaves the river Colne after completion and commissioning in 1943. The harbour party and an officer are mustered on the focsle and officers and ratings are on the open bridge. Her two Oerlikon guns are mounted forward and aft, the L.L. sweep cable is reeled on the drum aft and she wears her "number" in code flags from the single mast. The diesel engine throbs and auxliaries clatter as another little ship is off to war. [JL]
MMS 1012 completed 15 October 1943 Yard No. 33 [Ships built on the River Colne 2009]
Plate.54 in SWW.
Date: c15 October 1943
This image is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection.