Image 18 of 46
18 of 46|
Diocese of Edinburgh. Certificate of Confirmation for Hilda Stoker.
This framed certificate was found by Matthew Haward in 2017 while he was doing building work at Dabchicks Sailing Club. It was behind a wall in the kitchen. On this site was William Wyatt's shed and this became the first Dabchicks Sailing Clubhouse. It has since been extended a number of times.
In the 1911 Census, Hilda Stoker is living in Riverside House, Coast Road, with her parents William and Martha Ann Stoker, brother and sisters. In 1924 she married Hartley Oliver Brown at West Mersea Parish Church.
The certificate was donated to Mersea Museum - to be accessioned.
Date: 30 November 1919
Photo: Mersea Museum
Image ID IA01_693
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.