Image 19 of 35
Tilbury Ferry ROSE II in the final year of steam ferry operation. ROSE was one of three passenger ferries. She was built 1901 by A.W. Robertson, Canning Town. In 1961 she was renamed ROSE II to free the name for a new ferry, and ROSE II was broken up in Holland May 1961. Official No. 112843.
Photo: Mersea Museum - Bill Read
Image ID REA_AB4_027
Category 1 Ships and Boats-->Merchant -->Power
Category 2 Places-->Thames
This image is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection.