Search for Image ID ""Image 1

 The Deramy Stone on the road between East and West Mersea. A photograph taken soon after the stone was re-erected in 1975.

The inscription reads:

DEREMY'S STONE

Boundary of the manor of West Merssea granted by King Edward the Confessor to the Monestery [sic] of St. Ouen in AD 1046. 
Cat1 Mersea

The Deramy Stone on the road between East and West Mersea. A photograph taken soon after the stone was re-erected in 1975.
The inscription reads:
DEREMY'S STONE
Boundary of the manor of West Merssea granted by King Edward the Confessor to the Monestery [sic] of St. Ouen in AD 1046.
Date: c1980      


Photo: Mersea Museum - Pat Brown
Image ID SH010002
Category 1 Mersea


    Top

This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.