Search for Image ID "" |
Barclays Bank, Yorick Road, West Mersea
Barclays & Company Limited were the first bank on Mersea and started as an agency in Church Road. On 28 February 1925, Barclays purchased land and buildings in Yorick Road, West Mersea at a cost of £1350 - the premises had formerly been used as the Post Office. [ See RUD_MIS_023 ]. The premises included a residence which was to be occupied by bank staff. [With thanks to Stuart Pugh, Barclays Bank]
Photo: Mersea Museum - Barclays Bank
Image ID SPM_003
Category 1 Mersea-->Buildings
Category 2 Mersea-->Shops & Businesses
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.