Birch C. of E. School 1985. Opening of new building. Pages 10 and 11.
The School Building.
1837 Birch School founded by Charles Gray Round Esq.
1871 Classroom 1 added by Mrs Emma Sarah Round.
1911 School enlarged and modernised by the R. Hon. James Round, P.C., M.P.
1931 Classroom 2 added by Charles J. Round Esq. Dedicated by the Bishop of Barking.
1945 School Canteen opened.
1948 Ministry Classroom added (This has now been demolished).
1957 New Staffroom, Corridor and Sanitary Block: Reorganisation to Primary School.
1977 New Kitchen and Administrative Block added.
1984 New Hall and Remodelling of the existing building. Demolition of the Temporary outside accomodation.
A few words from our Architect.
Date: 22 March 1985