Image 60 of 338
60 of 338 Slide Show Running|
£2 grant to meet £15 costs
At Wigborough all the land was put down to grass in 1821. In the 'nineties many farms failed and were left derelict, includng Copt Hall, 700 acres; Seaborough, 136 acres; Moulsham, 130 acres; Hyde Farm, 136 acres; Hill Farm, 125 acres; and Peldon Hall, 220 acres.
Photograph of Robert Hutley, Tolleshunt D'Arcy.
Date: 9 February 1940
Photo: Mersea Museum - Joyce Golding
Image ID FWK_1940_FEB09_099
Category 1 Farming
Category 2 War-->World War 2
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.