1 Slide Show Running

Click to Pause Slide Show


 Document dated 5th June 1635 which confirms that John Lawrence [Junior] has made an agreement to transfer the property to John Anger [his son-in-law].

The property, part of an estate known as Sleyes, was formerly owned by his father John Lawrence [Senior] and left to his two daughters, Dorkis and Mary Lawrence. Following his sisters' deaths John Lawrence [Junior] is now the lawful ...
Cat1 Places-->Peldon-->Buildings

Document dated 5th June 1635 which confirms that John Lawrence [Junior] has made an agreement to transfer the property to John Anger [his son-in-law].
The property, part of an estate known as Sleyes, was formerly owned by his father John Lawrence [Senior] and left to his two daughters, Dorkis and Mary Lawrence. Following his sisters' deaths John Lawrence [Junior] is now the lawful heir.
In this document, entitled Feoffment, mention is made of the rents and services due to the Lord of The Manor of this copyhold cottage.
For transcription see SLY_002_101
Date: 5 June 1635      


Photo: Peldon History Project
Image ID SLY_002_001


    Top

This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.