1. 1937 Coronation Arch decorated by May Bros, Langenhoe. Pete Tye Common at the bottom of Langenhoe hill - the boundary of the parish. "Welcome to Loyal West ...
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID ALS_WHI_002
2. Jubilee Arch at Queens Corner. Upland Road in the distance with the blacksmith shop on the corner.
Date: cMay 1935
Image ID ALS_WHI_006
3. A school trip from West Mersea to London Zoo, July 1920. Primrose Bus. Headmaster Mr Green is standing on the stairs wearing a black trilby. Note the ...
Date: 19 July 1920
Image ID ALS_WHI_013
4. Top Chapel in Mill Road, West Mersea. The building on the left at the end of the drive was a very early school on the island. The Congregational Church is now ...
Date: Before May 1905
Image ID ALS_WHI_031
5. Congregational Church, Mill Road, West Mersea, known locally as Top Chapel. "God is Love" on the wall. The tablet on the right is in memory of Samuel Cant who ...
Image ID ALS_WHI_035
6. C.M. White, Builder. Mill Road, West Mersea, looking south. Just beyond White's shop is the gate and railings of the Congregational Church. The shop to the left ...
Image ID ALS_WHI_045
7. White's shop in Church Road. The bicycle on the right says "White's up to date drapers". Postcard franked 18 September 1909.
Date: Before September 1909
Image ID ALS_WHI_047
8. The mill in Mill Road, West Mersea.
Image ID ALS_WHI_051