1. BADGER laying off Tollesbury Pier. Formerly the yacht WESTWARD.
Image ID KBC_TOL_001
2. Oyster dredgers and laid up ships in the River Blackwater off Tollesbury. The vessel on the right with engines aft is thought to be the BERWINDLEA which was ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_003
3. Queen Victoria's Jubilee in Tollesbury
Mr Hasler, now an American Banker, an advisor to J.F. Kennedy, and a Tollesbury Benefactor, is mounted on a horse ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_021
4. Gooseberry Pies
A feature of village life which became connected to the annual Fair during the last weekend of June, were the Gooseberry Pies. They were ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_023
5. Sailors in search of a pie dish.
Tollesbury's giant 100 year old Sunderland ware gooseberry pie dish has cracked through age - and all efford to replace it ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_025
6. This group of yachting and fishing veterans of Tollesbury include three Uncles (Marked A, B, and C) or Capt. Ned Heard. They carried on in the place of the ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_031
7. Osborne's first motor bus, Tollesbury. Pictured outside Maskell's blacksmith's shop in North Road. Richard Maskell adapted the body of a London horse-bus and ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_041
8. Yachts and smacks - high tide at Woodup, Tollesbury.
Image ID KBC_TOL_051
9. Woodrolfe ('Woodup') sail lofts, Tollesbury
Image ID KBC_TOL_053
10. High Water, Woodrolfe, Tollesbury
More from Tollesbury Past figre 68:
High Water about 1910/1912. Taken from The Leaving wall, this summer picture ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_055
11. Woodup [Woodrolfe, Woodrop] Road, Tollesbury
Image ID KBC_TOL_057
12. Tollesbury - aerial view over nature reserve. View northeast with the Pier lower centre and Tollesbury village centre left.
Image ID KBC_TOL_061
13. Birds-eye view from Tollesbury church tower, looking towards Woodrolfe on the right and West Mersea distant centre.
Postcard Tollesbury 751.
Image ID KBC_TOL_063
14. Church Street, Tollesbury. Postcard 96164
Image ID KBC_TOL_071
15. Mell Road, Tollesbury
Image ID KBC_TOL_073
16. Red Lion, Tolleshunt D'Arcy on the occasion of the Horse Fair. The pub is W. Bright & Sons - they were a Coggeshall brewery. The pub was later rebuilt and ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_075
17. Tollesbury Hall
Image ID KBC_TOL_091
18. Tollesbury Hall - Manorial Court Room with Handcuffs and Leg Irons
Image ID KBC_TOL_093
19. Drawing of 15th Century Hen and Chickens Pub, Tollesbury
Image ID KBC_TOL_095
20. Tollesbury Old and Tollesbury New - from unknown publication about 1973.
Sixty-five years ago young Ivy Osborne and her faithful dog Dash, were ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_097
21. Ivy Osborne and her faithful dog Dash in Tollesbury High Street. On the left with the big flag flying is the 'old' Hope. In 1923 the cottages this side of it ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_097_001
22. Ivy Osborne poses for the photographer in High Street, Tollesbury. On the left is the 'new' Hope pub. An Osborne's bus waits in the Square.
From an ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_097_003
23. Tollesbury Congregational Church interior. Oil lamps
Image ID KBC_TOL_099
24. Interior of St Mary's Church, Tollesbury.
Image ID KBC_TOL_101
25. Tollesbury School Group. Used in Tollesbury Past, figure 5, with the caption:
The British School. There was a choice of schools in the village. This shows ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_111
26. The Tollesbury Volunteers, grouped outside the Kings Head in Tollesbury, taken in August 1914.
From an unknown newspaper around 1973.
Date: 7 September 1914
Image ID KBC_TOL_121
27. Fred has no fear
Tollesbury haulage contractor Fred Frost has no fear of petrol rationing - he goes most places by pony and trap.
Date: 30 November 1973
Image ID KBC_TOL_122