1. Rye Harbour Regatta 1902. Great Uncle John Milgate.
Image ID MIL_OPA_011
2. Submarine - 1977 Regatta
Image ID MIL_OPA_017
3. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_027
4. The PURITAN on the mooring at bottom of Thornfleet. There is no 'Colchester' on name board.
Image ID MIL_OPA_035
5. Bill Wyatt and Bert Cudmore (Jack Cudmore's father?) in the Sailing and Social Club
Image ID MIL_OPA_043
6. The Hard. The barge on the left was there for several years. It eventually collapsed on Regatta Day.
Image ID MIL_OPA_051
7. Tiffin family. Collapsible canvas and wood dinghy on the right with a small catamaran to the left of it. The WINDFLOWER is visible in distance behind the jib on ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_053
8. Kenny Hewes and John Milgate. The boat is STEADY BARKER.
Image ID MIL_OPA_055
9. Ted Vince, John Milgate, Percy French, Albert Milgate (Chicks), Sooty Mussett taken in Lane
Image ID MIL_OPA_061
10. Photo Taken by Essex County Newspapers August 26th 1978 L-R Alpha-Pitt, Bill Wilkinson, 'Snowball' Hewes, Cyril Coates, 'Navvy' Mussett, Dick Harman, Hervey ...
Date: 26 August 1978
Image ID MIL_OPA_063
11. On the River Rother at Rye.
Image ID MIL_OPA_067
12. Titled 'some of the lads from the village' - Mussetts ?
Image ID MIL_OPA_071
13. Bert Hempstead on motorcycle EV6989. Johnny Hart's Hairdressing in High Street, behind Arthur Cock's butchers.
EV registrations were issued in Essex March ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_073
14. West Mersea Town Regatta. Postcard W.Mersea No.73
Image ID MIL_OPA_075
15. Grandad Milgate on the left, with perhaps Bob South, and two 'toffs' out for a sail. They would often hire a boat and a skipper for a month to go sailing. [ ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_091
16. Uncle Whitey Mussett, (Aunt Maud's husband). By the barometer at the Square, Coast Road.
On the right is Kenny Bacon - on bicycle with acetylene light.
Image ID MIL_OPA_093
17. Children in the Old City. Cornerways in background. The biggest boy is Archie Hempstead.
Image ID MIL_OPA_133
18. Sooty Mussett, Ted Vince. On Coast Road with Gowens in the background.
Front row 1. Ted Vince, 2., 3. (old) John Milgate, 4., 5. Sotty Mussett.
Image ID MIL_OPA_135
19. Children at the bottom of The Lane, with Old Victory and Cornerways in the background.
L-R 1. Ernest French, 2. Connie French, 3. Len French, 4. Ed Wyatt, ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_137
20. L-R Phil Darby (owner of THISBE), David Bacon, Jenny Milgate, John Milgate outside WMYC (during Regatta) c1956/7
Wendy Brady's knee is just visible.
Image ID MIL_OPA_139
21. Zebedee Milgate
Image ID MIL_OPA_141
22. There are two concrete boats in this picture. On the left is CRETACRE, built Hamworthy in 1918 and owned in Mersea 1933-38. In the centre is MOLLIETTE - a well ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_177
23. High Tide 2nd March 1949. Group on right - Dick Haward & Richard, 'Chippy' Pullen &'Tiddler' Mole.
Date: 2 March 1949
Image ID MIL_OPA_197
24. Janet Milgate, John's sister.
Image ID MIL_OPA_501
25. Janet Milgate, Firs Chase
Image ID MIL_OPA_511
26. Mersea - Bradwell Motor Boat Service July to September 1932. 2/6 return, no single fares. Agents are Digby Bros Ironmongers Mersea and Mr A.G. Bruce, the Green ...
Date: 19 July 1932.
Image ID MIL_OPA_517
27. Regatta. John Milgate crosses the finishing line to win the single-handed rowing race for boats over 12ft. Barge EDITH MAY as Committee Boat.
Image ID MIL_OPA_521
28. JULIA on launch day at Wyatts. Simon Cutts.
Image ID MIL_OPA_529
29. CK187 SARAH ANN 7.37grt (6net) cutter. 28.8'x9.3'x3.7'. 26' keel. C.1886 (about) at Maldon.6/9/1887 Number allocated. 17/11/1922 Owned by George Owen (master), ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_533
30. West Mersea Town Regatta
Date: 12 August 1978
Image ID MIL_OPA_537