1. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard, not mailed.
Rue Pullen with a load of passengers.
Image ID AN05_006_005
2. The face of the sailorman. Bill Kirby of Bradwell was skipper of the WATER LILY and one of a noted family of barge owners and skippers from the village. Photo: ...
Image ID BF68_001_024_001
3. Tom 'Boss' Mole. Taken at Bradwell.
From Album 9.
Image ID FL09_007_005
4. Chum Hewes at Bradwell lockup.
Image ID HAY_CHUM_106
5. Chum Hewes and the Bradwell lockup.
Image ID HAY_CHUM_108
6. Outside the Green Man, Bradwell. c1926.
L-R Cecil Wood, Kathleen Few, Walter Kemp, Marjorie Michell, Jimmy Wells.
Image ID HEM_OPA_173
7. Bradwell. Snowball Hewes
Image ID HEWK_OPA_027
8. Bradwell. Snowball Hewes
Image ID HEWK_OPA_029
9. Joe Hewes at Bradwell
Image ID HEWK_OPA_039
10. The view from Bradwell Quay, around 1958. The launch in the centre is marked USAF Air Sea Rescue. The ship behind it is believed to be the Costa Rican ...
Image ID IA002060
11. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard, postally used in 1932.
Date: Before 1932
Image ID IA002170
12. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. A postcard marked 3.8.05
Date: 03 August 1905
Image ID IA002410
13. North Creek, Bradwell-on-Sea. The ship on the left behind the posts is probably the passenger liner VOLTAIRE, which was laid up in the Blackwater 15 October ...
Image ID IA002880
14. The River Blackwater from Bradwell waterfront. Laid up ships in the distance - the centre and right ships are Royal Mail Lines' DESEADO and DARRO respectively. ...
Image ID IC010050
15. Bradwell Power Station under construction. Steamer PUNTARENAS is to the left of the crane.
Image ID IC090008
16. Ships in the River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell.
The vessel on the right is BENGUELA, broken up September 1933.
There are two Houlder Bros vessels in the ...
Date: Before September 1933
Image ID IC090023
17. A postcard of The Shore, Bradwell on Sea. In the 1930s many ships were laid up in the River Blackwater - among those visible are VOLTAIRE, PORT CURTIS and ...
Date: Before May 1932
Image ID IC09_171
18. A Pretty Spot, Bradwell Quay. Postcard 122864.
Prominent on the left is the Shaw Savill TAIROA and on the right is Lamport & Holt's VOLTAIRE. Behind the ...
Date: cNovember 1930
Image ID IC09_177
19. Jack Botham aerial photograph 600. Laid up ships in River Blackwater with Bradwell Power Station under construction beyond. The tanker in the foreground is ...
Image ID JBA_905
20. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 78 and 79.
West Mersea - Barrow Farm.
East Mersea - Mr George Round.
Image ID MAW_P078
21. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_027
22. At Bradwell Green Man - Pinky Hewes, Cyril Green, Snowball, Alf Mole
Image ID PUL_OPA_205
23. At Bradwell Green Man - Cyril Green, Joe Hewes
Image ID PUL_OPA_207
24. At Bradwell Green Man. 'Pinky' Hewes, Cyril 'Lizzie' Green, Vic Pullen, Alfie Mole.
Image ID PUL_OPA_209
25. Snowball Hewes, Pinky Hewes, Alfie Mole, Cyril Green at Bradwell.
Date: July 1936
Image ID PUL_OPA_261
26. Bradwell power station construction. One of the boilers is being brought ashore. They were built at Thornaby on the River Tees, floated and towed down to ...
Image ID REA_AB6_007
27. Postcard of sailing barge BLACKWATER at Bradwell. Believed to be pre-1935.
The distant vessel is most likely to be CARNARVONSHIRE 9,406 grt built 1914, but ...
Date: Before 1935
Image ID RG040003
28. Barge MAY FLOWER at Bradwell Quay. Postcard 63296.
The photograph demonstrates very well the need for the large posts on the quayside. An empty barge of ...
Image ID RG07_003
29. Barges at Bradwell Quay. Postcard 369. c1920 - there was correspondence in "Mainsheet" Spring and Autumn 2012 on the date.
Image ID RG07_007
30. Bradwell Quay. Postcard 363. Sailing barge MAY FLOWER. c1920 - there was correspondence in Mainsheet Spring and Autumn 2012 on the date.
Image ID RG07_171