1. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard, not mailed.
Rue Pullen with a load of passengers.
Image ID AN05_006_005
2. The face of the sailorman. Bill Kirby of Bradwell was skipper of the WATER LILY and one of a noted family of barge owners and skippers from the village. Photo: ...
Image ID BF68_001_024_001
3. Tom 'Boss' Mole. Taken at Bradwell.
From Album 9.
Image ID FL09_007_005
4. Chum Hewes at Bradwell lockup.
Image ID HAY_CHUM_106
5. Chum Hewes and the Bradwell lockup.
Image ID HAY_CHUM_108
6. Motor Barge PORTLIGHT and Sailing Barge SPINAWAY C in the River Blackwater off Bradwell Power Station. Essex County Standard photograph.
Image ID HBC_006_008
7. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Christmas Card to Hervey Benham from Fred Cooper
Image ID HBC_006_032
8. Bradwell Quay. 3 barges loading at the same time. Centre barge the CHAMPION. Drawing by Norman O Searle Aug 1908.
Image ID HBC_016_011
9. Bradwell Quay 1st August 1908. The CHAMPION. Drawing by Norman. O. Searle
Date: 1 August 1908
Image ID HBC_016_012
10. Outside the Green Man, Bradwell. c1926.
L-R Cecil Wood, Kathleen Few, Walter Kemp, Marjorie Michell, Jimmy Wells.
Image ID HEM_OPA_173
11. Bradwell. Snowball Hewes
Image ID HEWK_OPA_027
12. Bradwell. Snowball Hewes
Image ID HEWK_OPA_029
13. Joe Hewes at Bradwell
Image ID HEWK_OPA_039
14. The view from Bradwell Quay, around 1958. The launch in the centre is marked USAF Air Sea Rescue. The ship behind it is believed to be the Costa Rican ...
Image ID IA002060
15. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard, postally used in August 1932.
Date: Before August 1932
Image ID IA002170
16. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. A postcard marked 3.8.05
Posted to Miss F. Drake, 9 Station Road, Brightlingsea.
Date: 03 August 1905
Image ID IA002410
17. North Creek, Bradwell-on-Sea. The ship on the left behind the posts is probably the passenger liner VOLTAIRE, which was laid up in the Blackwater 15 October ...
Image ID IA002880
18. The River Blackwater from Bradwell waterfront. Laid up ships in the distance - the centre and right ships are Royal Mail Lines' DESEADO and DARRO respectively. ...
Image ID IC010050
19. Bradwell Power Station under construction. Steamer PUNTARENAS is to the left of the crane.
Image ID IC090008
20. Ships in the River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell.
The vessel on the right is BENGUELA, broken up September 1933.
There are two Houlder Bros vessels in the ...
Date: Before September 1933
Image ID IC090023
21. A postcard of The Shore, Bradwell on Sea. In the 1930s many ships were laid up in the River Blackwater - among those visible are JASON, VOLTAIRE, PORT CURTIS ...
Date: cAugust 1931
Image ID IC09_171
22. A Pretty Spot, Bradwell Quay. Postcard 122864.
Prominent on the left is the Shaw Savill TAIROA or PAKEHA and on the right is Lamport & Holt's VOLTAIRE. ...
Date: cNovember 1930
Image ID IC09_177
23. Jack Botham aerial photograph 600. Laid up ships in River Blackwater with Bradwell Power Station under construction beyond. The tanker in the foreground is ...
Image ID JBA_905
24. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 78 and 79.
West Mersea - Barrow Farm.
East Mersea - Mr George Round.
Image ID MAW_P078
25. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_027
26. At Bradwell Green Man - Pinky Hewes, Cyril Green, Snowball, Alf Mole
Image ID PUL_OPA_205
27. At Bradwell Green Man - Cyril Green, Joe Hewes
Image ID PUL_OPA_207
28. At Bradwell Green Man. 'Pinky' Hewes, Cyril 'Lizzie' Green, Vic Pullen, Alfie Mole.
Image ID PUL_OPA_209
29. Snowball Hewes, Pinky Hewes, Alfie Mole, Cyril Green at Bradwell.
Date: July 1936
Image ID PUL_OPA_261
30. Bradwell power station construction. One of the boilers is being brought ashore. They were built at Thornaby on the River Tees, floated and towed down to ...
Image ID REA_AB6_007