1. BOD on left. PEDRO II near centre.
Image ID AN03_023_003
2. Barges ARDEER, PRETORIA, MILLIE during a Blackwater Match c1963
Image ID BF68_001_129_020
3. SNOWDROP leading CHARLOTTE and MERLIN in a race for converted smack yachts at West Mersea. They are seen at the start, passing the Nass Beacon. Douglas Went...
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_114_001_001
4. Ships on the River Blackwater - postcar 122867A, unposted.
Image ID CG14_001
5. Off Tollesbury Pier. Postcard 126365.
Image ID CG14_003
6. Off Tollesbury Pier. Postcard 126362, not posted.
Nelson Line vessel laid up in the River Blackwater. The vessel thought to be either MURILLO, MOLIERE or...
Date: Before November 1932
Image ID CG14_005
7. River Blackwater, Tollesbury. Postcard mailed 15 September 1931
Second ship from the left is LONDON MERCHANT.
Date: Before September 1931
Image ID CG14_007
8. Ships in the River Blackwater. Postcard 122851.
Third ship from left with grey hull is the HIGHLAND WARRIOR.
Image ID CG14_009
9. Tollesbury River Blackwater. Postcard, not mailed.
Image ID CG14_013
10. River Blackwater Tollesbury. Postcard not mailed.
L to R ?, ?, CITY OF GUILDFORD, BENGUELA, HIGHLAND ROVER.
Image ID CG14_015
11. Tollesbury Essex. Postcard not mailed.
Image ID CG14_017
12. Off Tollesbury Pier. Postcard 126366, not mailed.
Six vessels visible, thought to be L-R 1 to 3 not known, 4. VOLTAIRE, 5. PAKEHA, 6. HIGHLAND ROVER (left...
Date: Before October 1932
Image ID CG14_019
13. Tollesbury Essex. Postcard not mailed.
The ship in the centre is LONDON CITIZEN. Behind it are two Furness Withy ships - perhaps LONDON MERCHANT, IMPERIAL...
Image ID CG14_021
14. Off Tollesbury. Postcard 126374 not mailed.
The vessel on the left is HIGHLAND ROVER - one of a class of 10 built for Nelson Line 1910-11. They were...
Date: Before 20 October 1932
Image ID CG14_023
15. Tollesbury. A pre-war view with ships laid up in the river. Postcard 96172.
Date: Before 1939
Image ID CG4_009
16. Laid up shipping and an icy River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell in the icy winter of 1962-1963.
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID IA003440
17. Wymarks Beach, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard franked 13 July 1965.
Baffle Wall for the power station is being built. From L to R the ships are probably MALDEN...
Image ID IC010030
18. Bradwell Power Station under construction. Steamer PUNTARENAS is to the left of the crane.
Image ID IC090008
19. Jack Botham aerial photograph 600. Laid up ships in River Blackwater with Bradwell Power Station under construction beyond. The tanker in the foreground is...
Image ID JBA_905
20. Smacks racing in the Blackwater --- a sight still regularly seen.
Image ID LH1_042
21. Smacks on the Blackwater. CK44 MAYFLOWER on the left. Bradwell Power Station beyond.
Image ID LH1_045
22. River Blackwater from source to sea. Northey Island and the remains of the barge MISTLEY, Official No. 91336, built J. & H. Cann, Harwich, 1891.
Date: cSeptember 1987
Image ID LH43_024_007
23. The road to Osea Island.
Date: Before 1984
Image ID MMC_P1005_010
24. Osea Island - pier and the big house on the right.
Image ID PA1_WAD_PIC38B
25. "Animals near marshes". A 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM3_020
26. Corn stooks beside the River Blackwater. A slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM6_007
27. Swimmie or swim-head barge unloading manure at The Shoe, Goldhanger. Postcard 63876 posted 1912.
Photograph used in one of the Slideshows shown in Mersea...
Date: Before 1912
Image ID RG06_117
28. Unloading manure from barge THE WORLD - believed to be at Maylandsea. Postmarked 15 June 1920.
Ron wrote the following article for Maldon & Heybridge...
Date: Before June 1920
Image ID RG07_025
29. Timber barges off Heybridge Basin.
Image ID RG17_205
30. Mersea Quarters. Chum Hewes is thought to be aboard the interesting - looking boat. Why is it flying a Port line houseflag ?
Image ID RG25_417