1. Timber - unloading in Heybridge Basin. [DW]
Discharging timber from a sailing barge at Heybridge Basin, on the river Blackwater, 1937. Until the early...
Image ID BOXB5_012_025
2. Peaceful calm on the Chelmer Navigation.
Douglas Went photograph
Used in The Salty Shore, page 156.
Image ID BOXF_171_001_001
3. Heybridge Basin. Ketch barges HAROLD 112737 on the left and PRINCESS MAY on the right.
HAROLD was skippered by Harry Stone. The Stone family lived...
Image ID CG22_060
4. A cool spot, Heybridge Basin. Postcard 113466.
GLORIA at May & Butcher's yard.
Image ID CG24_011
5. The sailing barge DILIGENT (1877) lying in Heybridge Basin in the 1930s. Beyond can be seen the stern and wheel of UNITY.
DILIGENT became a lighter in 1935...
Image ID HBC_006_006
6. Trinity House Lighthouse/buoy tender SIREN seen laid up at Heybridge.
Date: 24 November 1991
Image ID IA000200
7. The last berth for a pair of Thames sailing barges, in the Blackwater, just above Heybridge Basin. The nearest barge is the CHARLES BURLEY, Official No.115905,...
Date: 14 June 2009
Image ID IA003275
8. The Old Ship at Heybridge Basin on a card posted in 1908.
Jim Stone in white in the centre. William Stone, landlord of The Old Ship, standing inn the door. Mrs...
Date: Before August 1908
Image ID RG03_751
9. Sea Wall, Heybridge Basin.
GLORIA at May & Butchers, shipbreakers, Basin Reach, Hebridge. Built of whitewood, broke back Atlantic crossing. Burnt alongside...
Image ID RG03_861
10. Heybridge Basin. The unrigged barge on the left is the KEEBLE of Colchester. There is a steam tug or coaster behind her.
Image ID RG03_881
11. Ketch rigged barge unloading in the lock at Heybridge. Believed to be the FEARLESS and the date is September 1920 or May 1921.
FEARLESS was built 1876 by...
Image ID RG06_123
12. Heybridge Basin - ketch barge FEARLESS unloading granite chipping for road
making, Essex C.C. FEARLESS was built 1876 at Ipswich, Official No....
Image ID RG06_125
13. Stackie barge WILLIAM AND ARTHUR and the Danish HECLA in Heybridge Basin. In the lock is the Danish NATHALIA. The HECLA has 222 tons of deals and the NATHALIA...
Date: 7 September 1911
Image ID RG06_127
14. Heybridge Basin drained - the barge UNITY to the left of the lock. The remains of the UNITY are in Sampsons Creek and her wheel was rescued by John Milgate and...
Image ID RG06_131
15. Brigantine and barges at Heybridge Basin.
Image ID RG06_137
16. Heybridge Basin. Sailing barge VERONA on the right. Also UNIQUE, KEEBLE, ROSE lighters ?. Postcard H5971 postmarked 1949.
ROSE was sold to Brown as a...
Date: Before 1949.
Image ID RG06_139
17. Timber barges off Heybridge Basin.
Image ID RG17_205
18. Stackie barge unloading at Millbeach.
Image ID RG25_013
19. 112737 HAROLD of London. 95658 PRINCESS MAY of Poole. Heybridge Basin.
Image ID RG27_507
20. Mill Beach, Heybridge. Postcard posted August 1908.
Date: Before August 1908
Image ID RG27_525
21. Mill Beach, Heybridge. Posted October 1914.
Date: Before October 1914
Image ID RG27_527
22. NANALOA in the lock at Heybridge. She was kept at the Basin from 1947 to 1982.
Image ID SHP_NAN_366
23. The barge DAWN in the lock at Heybridge following her rebuild.
Date: 18 May 2007
Image ID SS050049
24. Sailing barge DUCHESS in the lock at Heybridge Basin. The barge was owned by Clem Parker of Bradwell, and this must have been one of the summer family cruises...
Image ID SSL_001
25. Fast attack craft DEFENDER and barge DECIMA on the mud at Heybridge. DEFENDER was built in Lowestoft as AL MAJIHAD for the Sultan of Oman's Navy and returned to...
Date: 20 August 2007
Image ID TM1_9037
| || |