1. "Uncle Bill Carrington". Ann Ward says that when she was a young girl, she and her parents used to enjoy musical evenings with Uncle Bill and the Sheltons.
Image ID AN03_026_001
2. Mersea regatta 1957
Image ID ATK_011
3. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road.
Alf Parrish left
Image ID ATK_021
4. Outside Fleet View Stores. L-R Janice Tucker, Alf Parish, Mrs Howland
Image ID ATK_025
5. John Tucker (Alan's brothers) and Michael Ralph, by the old boating lake.
Image ID ATK_037
6. Janice Parrish - Alan Tucker's wife. Mid 1950s. Beach huts and Spinney Cafe behind.
Image ID ATK_039
7. Janice Parrish and Patricia Catchpole on the beach near the Spinney Cafe.
Image ID ATK_041
8. Anthea Harding sitting on the wall at her grandparent's house - 'Strood Close' on the Peldon side of the Strood. This wall came down in the 1953 flood.
Date: Before February 1953
Image ID AW02_001_126
9. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from...
Image ID AW02_003
10. Horseman's Sunday at Patricia Catchpole stables on East Road. Rev. East officiated.
L-R Gordon Allen, Charlie Buckingham, Norma Appleby, Ann Knight, Angela...
Image ID AWA_001
11. At Patricia Catchpole's Stables in East Road, c1958
Back Suzanne Taylor, Eval Tovim, Mike Spurgeon
Middle Catchy, Sarah Vince now Cock, Wendy Westcott...
Image ID AWA_003
12. On the field behind Empress Avenue.
L-R Gordon Allen's father, Rosemary Allen with Gordon behind. Nell the dog. Norma Appleby, Anne Knight, Charlie...
Image ID AWA_005
13. Patricia Catchpole
Image ID AWA_027
14. Mersea. A Douglas Went photograph, used in The Sailor's Coast page 30. The boat is CERISE. The lady is Barbara Went.
Image ID BF03_001_093_001
15. Unidentified gentleman of the road. Probably Wivenhoe.
Image ID BF69_009_008
16. Unknown child standing in street with horse and cart in background
From: Rowhedge photos and documents
Image ID BF70_001_039_001
17. Long guns and tall tales. L-R Bob South, who killed nine Brent geese with one shot from a single 12-bore; 'Admiral' Bill Wyatt, aged eighty-one and still...
Image ID BOX004_023_001
18. First Ladies Race at Brightlingsea.
Top Miss K. Poole delighted at winning a Second Prize in JUMBO II, Jack Maltby's new B.O.D.C.
Bottom - A study of the...
Image ID BOX058_003_001
19. The well known author & wildfowler J. Wentworth Day with a local West Mersea wildfowler and all their weapons and tools. Similar one published. [DW]
Image ID BOXB5_015_027
20. Captain Hayzell Polley of Brightlingsea, one time master of the 224 ton schooner yacht HEARTSEASE, demonstrates a sextant to David Leather.
From: Photographs --- various
Image ID BOXB9_005_005
21. Fid Harnack - copy of photograph
Used in The Salty Shore.
Image ID BOXD_014_001_001
22. Shipyard management and workers
Image ID BOXL_026_004_010
23. George Peggs of Brightlingsea in a typical gun punt.
Used in The Northseamen page 72.
Image ID BOXP_135_072
24. Regatta committee aboard committee smack at Wivenhoe regatta about 1910. Refreshments for members visible down main hatch.
Used in The Northseamen page 79.
Image ID BOXP_135_079
25. Husk's boatyard, Wivenhoe, about 1930. From right: John Smith, Stanley Cook (foreman), extreme left James Theobald. The small boats under construction are for...
Image ID BOXP_135_269
26. Mr Charles Scott being carried by two bathers after landing at the Golf Course. Barbara Mears is on the left with Bob Munro next to her. Charles Scott's first...
Date: 13 July 1932
Image ID BS01_033
27. Carolyn Chatters (Carolyn Fox) and Sea Cadet John Chatters.
Image ID CFX_007
28. H.M. Yacht BRITANNIA.
H.M. King Georve V, H.M. Queen Mary, H.R.H. Prince Albert(Duke of York), H.R.H. Princess Mary.
Major Philip Hunloke, Helmsman,...
Image ID CG6_281
29. Raymond Jones Catchpole. Born October 1886 to William John Catchpole 1848-1920 and Emily Jones 1852-. The badge he is wearing is the Royal Army Medical...
Image ID CHY_RJC_001
30. Raymond Jones Catchpole. Suffolk Regiment.
Image ID CHY_RJC_003