1. L to R GLORIANA, STARTLED FAWN, ALICE WATTS, ANTELOPE, HESPER in the Type. This picture is in The Big Barges P133, titled "Colchester gasworks colliers on the ...
From: LOCAL PHOTOS, POSTCARDS ETC --- CARE!
Image ID BF03_001_047_001
2. LUCY RICHMOND of Maldon. Built Ipswich 1875, Official No. 68313.
From: LOCAL PHOTOS, POSTCARDS
Image ID BF03_001_050_001
3. ELIZAH ketch
Image ID BF03_001_052_001
4. Water mill Walton on Naze
Image ID BF03_001_064_001
5. The last commercial square rigger to discharge at Ipswich with the spritsail barges MAY and KIMBERLEY. Photo Arthur Bennett.
The square rigged ship is the ...
From: LOCAL PHOTOS, POSTCARDS
Date: July 1939
Image ID BF03_001_121_001
6. Auxiliary screw yacht SOUTHERN CROSS --- Forrestt & Co., Ltd. Catalogue 1905 Page 12.
Wooden 3 masted mission yacht for the Bishop of Melanesia. 291 grt. ...
From: Wivenhoe shipyards photos and documents
Image ID BF73_001_079_013
7. The famous barque CAP PILAR photographed when she was up in Aldous's Yard at Brightlingsea in 1939. This once-lovely ship now lies a wreck up at Wivenhoe ...
Image ID EC63_12_085_001
8. "A Survivor". Painting by Fid Harnack, on display in Mersea Museum.
BEATRICE - SVITHIOD - ROUTENBURN.
Watercolour by Fid Harnack, RSMA.
From the ...
Image ID FID_001
9. HERZOGIN CECILIE. 1902
Built in Germany and used partly for training purposes, this four-masted barque passed later to Finnish owners. Under the latter ...
Image ID FID_001_101
10. On board ALASTOR ?
Image ID FID_004_051
11. BLACK FOX, owned by a Captain Barnes, who was associated with Lord Shackleton. Sidney Mussett's grandfather Tom Mole was cook and steward aboard her in 1956 or ...
Image ID FL07_054_001
12. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock, London, or Birkenhead.
Image ID GRW_086
13. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock London or Birkenhead. Probably 1930s.
Image ID GRW_087
14. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock London or Birkenhead. Probably 1930s.
Image ID GRW_088
15. Vessel unidentified. Photographer Geoffrey Robertshaw sailed on the OLIVEBANK and others.
Image ID GRW_090
16. Barque ESSEX, Blackwaller, Gravesend. Swimmie barge alongside.
Believe this ESSEX was built 1862 as full rigged ship for Money Wigram, Official No. 45025. Sold ...
Image ID HBC_007_004
17. Barque in the River Blackwater. Thought to be GARTHPOOL ex JUTEOPOLIS which was laid up 1922-24 and is reported in Tollesbury book "Waterside Memories" to have ...
Image ID IA000650
18. Barque in the River Blackwater. Thought to be GARTHPOOL ex JUTEOPOLIS which was laid up 1922-24 and is reported in "Waterside Memories" to have been laid up in ...
Image ID IA000660
19. Barque in the River Blackwater. Thought to be GARTHPOOL ex JUTEOPOLIS which was laid up 1922-24 and is reported in "Waterside Memories" to have been laid up in ...
Image ID IA000670
20. THE BOUNTY ex ALASTOR at Ramsgate. She was towed to Ramsgate in 1946 and left March 1951. Postcard 1044.
Image ID IA01_671
21. There are two concrete boats in this picture. On the left is CRETACRE, built Hamworthy in 1918 and owned in Mersea 1933-38. In the centre is MOLLIETTE - a well ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_177
22. SOLVIG. 64 gross ton Swedish Galeas built Raa in south of Sweden in 1926. In 1966 she was bought by Captain Peter Light of West Mersea and converted for charter ...
Image ID PAM_067
23. Visit of barque ALASTOR to River Blackwater c1935. Article from The Maldonian - school magazine. Author Bibby. Page 1 of 2
Date: April 1936
Image ID PBIB_ALA_001
24. Visit of barque ALASTOR to River Blackwater c1935. Article from The Maldonian - school magazine. Author Bibby. Page 2 of 2
Image ID PBIB_ALA_002
25. Loss of GARTHPOOL Official No. 99207 at Boavista, Cape Verde Isles, 11 November 1929. She had been laid up in the River Blackwater c1924.
Date: c11 November 1929
Image ID PBIB_GAR_001
26. GARTHPOOL, Official No. 99207, built 1891. Location unknown. Wrecked Cape Verde Islands 1929 on voyage UK to Australia.
Image ID PBIB_GAR_002
27. Thought to be the schooner WESTWARD / BADGER when she was in the River Blackwater. She was at Harwich as HMS BADGER during WW2 and was moored off Bradwell ...
Image ID PBIB_SHP_061
28. Barque ALASTOR laid up in the river Blackwater.
Built 1875, official No. 69930. Broken up Grays, 1952.
Image ID PUL_OPA_211
29. Old Bob South, Ed Wyatt, ?, ? on board the barque ALASTOR - laid up in the River Blackwater. Date uncertain.
Image ID PUL_OPA_271
30. Stackie barge WILLIAM AND ARTHUR and the Danish HECLA in Heybridge Basin. In the lock is the Danish NATHALIA. The HECLA has 222 tons of deals and the NATHALIA ...
Date: 7 September 1911
Image ID RG06_127