1. L to R GLORIANA, STARTLED FAWN, ALICE WATTS, ANTELOPE, HESPER in the Type. This picture is in The Big Barges P133, titled "Colchester gasworks colliers on the ...
From: LOCAL PHOTOS, POSTCARDS ETC --- CARE!
Image ID BF03_001_047_001
2. LUCY RICHMOND of Maldon. Built Ipswich 1875, Official No. 68313.
From: LOCAL PHOTOS, POSTCARDS
Image ID BF03_001_050_001
3. ELIZAH ketch
Image ID BF03_001_052_001
4. Water mill Walton on Naze
Image ID BF03_001_064_001
5. The last commercial square rigger to discharge at Ipswich with the spritsail barges MAY and KIMBERLEY. Photo Arthur Bennett.
The square rigged ship is the ...
From: LOCAL PHOTOS, POSTCARDS
Date: July 1939
Image ID BF03_001_121_001
6. Auxiliary screw yacht SOUTHERN CROSS --- Forrestt & Co., Ltd. Catalogue 1905 Page 12.
Wooden 3 masted mission yacht for the Bishop of Melanesia. 291 grt. ...
From: Wivenhoe shipyards photos and documents
Image ID BF73_001_079_013
7. The famous barque CAP PILAR photographed when she was up in Aldous's Yard at Brightlingsea in 1939. This once-lovely ship now lies a wreck up at Wivenhoe ...
Image ID EC63_12_085_001
8. "A Survivor". Painting by Fid Harnack, on display in Mersea Museum.
BEATRICE - SVITHIOD - ROUTENBURN.
Watercolour by Fid Harnack, RSMA.
From the ...
Image ID FID_001
9. HERZOGIN CECILIE. 1902
Built in Germany and used partly for training purposes, this four-masted barque passed later to Finnish owners. Under the latter ...
Image ID FID_001_101
10. On board ALASTOR ?
Image ID FID_004_051
11. Finnish barque ALASTOR. Iron 860 tons +xx100 A1 (1922) built 1875 by Mounsey & Foster of Sunderland (196.6 x 31.7 x 18.6) Registered in Hango but owned by A & E ...
Image ID FID_031_001
12. Finnish barque ALASTOR.
Postcard from Nautical Photo Agency, posted Forest Gate 26 Sep 1930 from Gus Harnack to F.B. Harnack, West Mersea
Date: Before September 1930
Image ID FID_031_003
13. Finnish barque ALASTOR of Hango, in the London docks. Photo A.R.S.
Image ID FID_031_011
14. Finnish barque ALASTOR in the London docks.
Image ID FID_031_017
15. Finnish barque ALASTOR in the London docks. Photo A.R.S.
Image ID FID_031_019
16. Finnish schooner YXPILA and Finnish barque ALASTOR in the London docks. Photo A.R.S.
Image ID FID_031_027
17. Finnish barque ALASTOR deck view. Photo A.R.S.
Image ID FID_031_031
18. Deck of Finnish barque ALASTOR. Photo A.R.S.
Image ID FID_031_037
19. Deck of Finnish barque ALASTOR from mizzen mast.
Image ID FID_031_039
20. Foremast of Finnish barque ALASTOR. Photo A.R.S.
Image ID FID_031_041
21. Deck of Finnish barque ALASTOR.
Image ID FID_031_047
22. Deck of Finnish barque ALASTOR. Photo A.R.S.
Image ID FID_031_049
23. The Docks, Ipswich. Postcard EAS 01463.
Four masted barque, Steam tug FOAM, Ipswich.
Image ID FID_032_027
24. BLACK FOX, owned by Captain Barne, DSO, RN. He was a member of Scott's expedition to South Pole & lived in the Lane.
Sidney Mussett's grandfather Tom Mole was ...
Image ID FL07_054_001
25. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock, London, or Birkenhead.
Image ID GRW_086
26. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock London or Birkenhead. Probably 1930s.
Image ID GRW_087
27. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock London or Birkenhead. Probably 1930s.
Image ID GRW_088
28. Vessel unidentified. Photographer Geoffrey Robertshaw sailed on the OLIVEBANK and others.
Image ID GRW_090
29. Barque ESSEX, Blackwaller, Gravesend. Swimmie barge alongside.
Believe this ESSEX was built 1862 as full rigged ship for Money Wigram, Official No. 45025. Sold ...
Image ID HBC_007_004
30. Barque in the River Blackwater. Thought to be GARTHPOOL ex JUTEOPOLIS which was laid up 1922-24 and is reported in Tollesbury book "Waterside Memories" to have ...
Image ID IA000650