1. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
2. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013
3. Land Girls Edna Smy née Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
4. Edna Smy née Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
5. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond. It is now filled in.
Image ID FL03_012_001
6. Hunt meet outside Peldon Rose. On the right talking are Pearl Cross from Waldegraves Farm West Mersea and Edward Martin from Moor Farm Peldon.
From Album ...
Date: Before 1940
Image ID FL03_016_001
7. Blacksmith Hill, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID GWC_001
8. Peldon - outside the Plough. A boy is working the village pump and behind him is the Old Cottage, run as a shop by Clem Hyam. The Post Office is further down ...
Image ID GWC_003
9. Mirror that was broken by the earthquake 22 April 1884, donated to the Museum January 2012.
A note on the back of the mirror says
"This Mirror is a ...
Date: 29 June 1884
Image ID IA004542
10. Peldon Hall Farm. A postcard by Hammond.
Image ID IA004921
11. Sailing barge CYGNET at Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Date: 23 May 2015
Image ID IA01_271
12. Ive's Farm, Peldon. Hammond postcard.
View down what is now St Ives Hill, with Ive's Farm on the left.
Image ID IA01_715
13. Small two burner paraffin stove used by donor's grandmother, Edith Hyam, from Peldon. On display in Mersea Museum.
Accession No. 2010.08.004D donated by ...
Date: 5 September 2018
Image ID IA01_845
14. Primrose Bus rounding Hyde Park Corner at the top of St Ives Hill, Peldon. Postcard was mailed from Peldon on 29th August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID JAY_BUS_051
15. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9203. Peldon Rose, looking north west.
Image ID JBA_822
16. Peldon - Revd. Anthony Gough.
From a collection of Jack Botham wedding pictures.
Image ID JBM_026
17. Peldon School. The school was closed on 18 December 1942 [West Mersea School Log Book - WMS_LOG4_P114].
Image ID KBA_PEL_003
18. West Mersea firemen freed Mrs Brenda Marriage from the wreckage of her car in a deep ditch at Peldon.
From Rose Harvey Scrapbook LH29.
Image ID LH29_025_002
19. Peldon. 25 inch Ordnance Survey Map published 1897 XXXV1.16. Village centre across to Peet Hall.
[Misc035/MAP_OS1897_PEL_001.jpg is Lower Road zoomed.]
Image ID MAP_OS1897_PEL
20. After the 1953 flood. The main Colchester - Mersea Road was impassable for most of the week at Pete Tye where water returned to the site of a bridge long since ...
Date: 6 February 1953
Image ID MF01_001_040
21. Peldon Home Guard photographed outside the Peldon Rose.
No.3 (Peldon) Platoon - D Coy. - 18th. BN. Essex Home Guard
June 1940 - December ...
Date: cDecember 1944
Image ID MMC_P668_001
22. Peldon Steam Mill and Windmill, looking towards the Rose Inn. Posted to Miss Smith at the Fountain, West Mersea - it has no date on it.
The windmill was ...
Date: Before 1900.
Image ID MMC_P755_117
23. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_003 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_001
24. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_001 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_003
25. Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Image ID PAM_029
26. Edgar Robert Dansie, Peldon shopkeeper.
Born Boxford, Suffolk, in 1872. Edgar married Grace Martha White from West Mersea in 1898. In 1901 he was a ...
Image ID PH01_001
27. Grace Dansie née White. Born West Mersea 1874, daughter of Samuel Cant White. She married Edgar Robert Dansie in 1898 and died in 1916.
Image ID PH01_003
28. Neolithic Thames Pick - photo shows front and back
Found in 1960, in the field behind Mill Cottage, Peldon whilst pea-picking. Colchester Castle ...
Date: July 2019
Image ID PH01_201
29. Virgin and child. Painting by Peldon Art Group. It now hangs on the north wall of St. Mary the Virgin, Peldon.
Date: 27 May 2007
Image ID PH01_AGP_009
30. Old Oyster Sheds at West Mersea
Peldon Art Group.
Date: 9 May 2019
Image ID PH01_AGP_011