1. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 4.
Approaches to River Colne
Image ID BF69_001_007
2. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 5.
Image ID BF69_001_008
3. Map of Thames Estuary
From: Wivenhoe shipyards photos and documents
Image ID BF73_001_148_001
4. Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society, map opposite page 2.
Shows W. Mersea, E. Mersea, Bower Hall,...
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_005
5. The Fort, East Mersea. Article on the Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea by L.C. Sier.
Map showing fort and fields in the area. Field names mentioned are Stanes...
Image ID ERV_1921_222_001
6. Plan of Freehold Residential Properties, Business Premises and Cottages etc. at West Mersea. For sale by auction by Ernest S. Beard & Daniell. [ Orleans Sale -...
Date: 25 June 1914.
Image ID EST_ORL_051
7. Firs Estate, West Mersea, Essex. Map to accompany first Firs Estate Sale, 30 October 1902. It does not show the plots included in that sale.
Date: 30 October 1902
Image ID FIRS_1902_101
8. Freehold building plots on the Firs Estate and Queensville, West Mersea - 1908 map.
Sadler's Pasture sold.
There is a second copy of this map in...
Image ID IA003320
9. Chapman and Andre Map of Essex - Mersea and the River Blackwater.
Reproduction of part of A Map of the County of Essex, 1777, by John Chapman and Peter...
Date: 1 October 1777
Image ID IA003370
10. West Mersea C. (All-age) School. Map. November 1955. Compiled from 4 sheets and not to scale.
Date: November 1955
Image ID LH26_005
11. A Map of a Farm consisting of three parcels known by the name of Brick-House Farm in the Parish of West Mersea in the County of Essex. The Property of Mr Jo...
Date: May 1817
Image ID MAP_1817_JMAY
12. 1881 Ordnance Survey Map. West Mersea, Mersea Fleet, Thorn Fleet, Little Ditch, Cobmarsh Island, Besom Channel, The Ray.
Accession No. 2011-11-005C...
Image ID MAP_1881_001
13. Map: Part of plan of Freehold Building Plots on the West Mersea Hall Estate.
Barfield Road, School on the right. Melrose Road is marked Side...
Image ID MAP_1907_FENN_003
14. Mersea Island - Air Raid Precautions Map. Original map held by Museum. Very fragile. There are many drawing pin holes in the map, perhaps indicating bombs and...
Image ID MAP_ARP_001
15. Section of Mersea Island Air Raid Precautions Map.
Image ID MAP_ARP_005
16. Plan - First Portion - Town Plots.
Fair Haven. The new Seaside Resort. Mersea Island, Essex.
J. Ford Mackenzie, Civil Engineers, Leytonstone and at...
Image ID MAP_HAV_001
17. Chart of River Blackwater compiled and drawn 1912 by W S Draycott for Royal Cruising Club. Shown in Mersea Museum 2009 summer exhibition.
Image ID MAP_OPA_007
18. Mersea Lane. Part of Ordnance Survey 1897 Map Sheet XLVI 8. Stone House bottom left. Sadlers Cottage just above centre right.
Accession No. P876D
Image ID MAP_OS1897_E46_008_001
19. Mersea Island Ordnance Survey
Image ID MAP_OS1898_001
20. 373 Coast Battery R.A. West Mersea. Map is of a portion of Victoria Esplanade with Willoughby Avenue going north left of centre of map. Kialami in upper centre...
Date: October 1941
Image ID MAP_WW2_001
21. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, page 227, Plate IV.
Map showing Surface Geology of the Area of Damage. Supericial geology is...
Image ID MAW_P227
22. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, page 231, Plate II.
Sites of structural damage by earthquake of 22 April 1884. Reprinted from...
Image ID MAW_P231
23. Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island. Page 7. Sketch map of Mersea Island and district around.
Image ID MD02_017
24. West Mersea Official Guide. Page 18-19. Map of West Mersea. Wm. Allen, The Estate Office.
Image ID MD05_026
25. Mersea Island Directory 1981 Page 10-11. Street map of West Mersea.
Image ID MD1981_010
26. Mersea Island Directory pages 10 and 11.
Street map of West Mersea
Copyright David Cooper 1991.
Date: August 1991
Image ID MD1991_010
27. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. Winter 1973 / 1974 Page 10.
Recollections and Reflections by Fred Scott contd.
Farms on Mersea Island...
Image ID MIS_1974_012
28. West Mersea Hall estate, property of Thomas May, 1817. A 3ft x 2ft approx map donated by Mrs Catt, Norfolk. The map was "Taken in May 1817 by William Downes,...
Date: May 1817
Image ID MMC_P1077A_005
29. West Mersea Hall estate, property of Thomas May - part of map. White Hart, Churchyard, West Mersea Hall. Land belonging to John King Esq. Garden Field,...
Date: May 1817
Image ID MMC_P1077A_882
30. West Mersea Hall estate, property of Thomas May - part of map.
Adjoining land John King Esq., Mr J. Spurden, Mr Quinsey, Mr John May.
Kiln Field, Lower...
Date: May 1817
Image ID MMC_P1077A_885