1. West Mersea Football Team. Tiddler Mole and Bernard (Nig) French - coaches.
Back row L-R 1. Tiddler Mole, 2. Sid Vince, 3. Joe Hewes, 4. a soldier, 5....
Image ID ACN_009
2. Eileen - a Land Army girl from Stratford, East London, who lodged with Cath and Gordon Mussett on Mersea during WW2.
Date: May 1944
Image ID AN02_018_003
3. Mersea Cricket Team in the early 1900s at The Glebe. Note that five members are wearing ship or yacht jersey.
Image ID AN03_006_003
4. West Mersea Cricket Club
Image ID AN03_006_005
5. "Uncle Bill Carrington". Ann Ward says that when she was a young girl, she and her parents used to enjoy musical evenings with Uncle Bill and the Sheltons.
Image ID AN03_026_001
6. Tennis - Joan Pullen
Image ID AN07_095
7. "Wont! No Cows!"
Womens Land Army. Joyce from London, Joan Pullen.
Image ID AN08_041
8. Mersea regatta 1957
Image ID ATK_011
9. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road.
Alf Parrish left
Image ID ATK_021
10. Outside Fleet View Stores. L-R Janice Tucker, Alf Parish, Mrs Howland
Image ID ATK_025
11. John Tucker (Alan's brothers) and Michael Ralph, by the old boating lake.
Image ID ATK_037
12. Janice Parrish - Alan Tucker's wife. Mid 1950s. Beach huts and Spinney Cafe behind.
Image ID ATK_039
13. Janice Parrish and Patricia Catchpole on the beach near the Spinney Cafe.
Image ID ATK_041
14. Hardy's Green Rovers football team.
"Keith Taylor is holding the ball in this photo. He owned the Tollesbury dairy and delivered milk to the village...
Image ID ATR_HDY_001
15. George and William Sheldrick are in this photo but not sure who's who. The name on left jumper is TITANIA RAYC. Postmark is Wivenhoe, April 12, 1907
Date: Before April 1907
Image ID ATR_SLD_001
16. Tollesbury fisherman Harry Myall at the tiller of family smack S.W.H., named for Sidney, William and Harry Myall - taken early 1900s.
Used in Smacks and...
Image ID ATR_SWH_003
17. Tollesbury fisherman Harry Myall on the left - Person at the tiller not known. Smack S.W.H. 492CK
Image ID ATR_SWH_005
18. Tollesbury Men.
L-R 1. Stan Lewis, 2. Bill Howe, 3. C. Lewis, 4. Fred Binks, 5. Bobby Leavett (Bruin's father), 6. L. Trim (Alison's grandfather).
Image ID ATR_TRM_121
19. Anthea Harding sitting on the wall at her grandparent's house - 'Strood Close' on the Peldon side of the Strood. This wall came down in the 1953 flood.
Date: Before February 1953
Image ID AW02_001_126
20. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from...
Image ID AW02_003
21. Horseman's Sunday at Patricia Catchpole stables on East Road. Rev. East officiated.
L-R Gordon Allen, Charlie Buckingham, Norma Appleby, Ann Knight, Angela...
Image ID AWA_001
22. At Patricia Catchpole's Stables in East Road, c1958
Back Suzanne Taylor, Eval Tovim, Mike Spurgeon
Middle Catchy, Sarah Vince now Cock, Wendy Westcott...
Image ID AWA_003
23. On the field behind Empress Avenue.
L-R Gordon Allen's father, Rosemary Allen with Gordon behind. Nell the dog. Norma Appleby, Anne Knight, Charlie...
Image ID AWA_005
24. Patricia Catchpole
Image ID AWA_027
25. Netball or Rounders team at West Mersea School 1958 - 1959.
Back row: Wendy Stubbings, Marlene Fletcher, Shirley Ward (Teacher). Christine Russell,...
Image ID AWA_063
26. David Laye, Huffler in the Walton backwaters.
Image ID BF03_001_064_002
27. Deep sea smacksmen in old age. A group at Rowhedge about 1890.
From The Northseamen Page 31.
Used in The Salvagers page 52.
Same photograph is in...
Image ID BF03_001_075_001
28. Mersea. A Douglas Went photograph, used in The Sailor's Coast page 30. The boat is CERISE. The lady is Barbara Went.
Image ID BF03_001_093_001
29. Tuddy Cook ?
Also in Album7/pic90
From: Blackwater photographs
Image ID BF03_004_001_010
30. Crew of racing cutter NEVA. Captain Lemon Cranfield of Rowhedge, seated in chair second from right, front row. One of the smartest racing crews in history with...
From: Shipbuilding - Blackwater smacks and bawleys
Image ID BF25_001_027_001