1. West Mersea Football Team. Tiddler Mole and Bernard (Nig) French - coaches.
Back row L-R 1. Tiddler Mole, 2. Sid Vince, 3. Joe Hewes, 4. a soldier, 5. ...
Image ID ACN_009
2. Eileen - a Land Army girl from Stratford, East London, who lodged with Cath and Gordon Mussett on Mersea during WW2.
Date: May 1944
Image ID AN02_018_003
3. Mersea Cricket Team in the early 1900s at The Glebe. Note that five members are wearing ship or yacht jersey.
Image ID AN03_006_003
4. West Mersea Cricket Club
Image ID AN03_006_005
5. "Uncle Bill Carrington". Ann Ward says that when she was a young girl, she and her parents used to enjoy musical evenings with Uncle Bill and the Sheltons.
Image ID AN03_026_001
6. Tennis - Joan Pullen
Image ID AN07_095
7. "Wont! No Cows!"
Womens Land Army. Joyce from London, Joan Pullen.
Image ID AN08_041
8. West Mersea Foresters
Court "Sailors' Home," No. 5105, AOF
Holders of the Colchester District Challenge Shield, 1931, 1934 and 1935, for the highest ...
Date: 25 April 1936
Image ID AOF_003
9. Mersea regatta 1957
Image ID ATK_011
10. Fleet View Stores, Coast Road.
Alf Parrish left
Image ID ATK_021
11. Outside Fleet View Stores. L-R Janice Tucker, Alf Parish, Mrs Howland
Image ID ATK_025
12. John Tucker (Alan's brothers) and Michael Ralph, by the old boating lake.
Image ID ATK_037
13. Janice Parrish - Alan Tucker's wife. Mid 1950s. Beach huts and Spinney Cafe behind.
Image ID ATK_039
14. Janice Parrish and Patricia Catchpole on the beach near the Spinney Cafe.
Image ID ATK_041
15. Hardy's Green Rovers football team.
"Keith Taylor is holding the ball in this photo. He owned the Tollesbury dairy and delivered milk to the village ...
Image ID ATR_HDY_001
16. George and William Sheldrick are in this photo but not sure who's who. The name on left jumper is TITANIA RAYC. Postmark is Wivenhoe, April 12, 1907
Date: Before April 1907
Image ID ATR_SLD_001
17. Tollesbury fisherman Harry Myall at the tiller of family smack S.W.H., named for Sidney, William and Harry Myall - taken early 1900s.
Used in Smacks and ...
Image ID ATR_SWH_003
18. Tollesbury fisherman Harry Myall on the left - Person at the tiller not known. Smack S.W.H. 492CK
Image ID ATR_SWH_005
19. Tollesbury Men.
L-R 1. Stan Lewis, 2. Bill Howe, 3. C. Lewis, 4. Fred Binks, 5. Bobby Leavett (Bruin's father), 6. L. Trim (Alison's grandfather).
Image ID ATR_TRM_121
20. Anthea Harding sitting on the wall at her grandparent's house - 'Strood Close' on the Peldon side of the Strood. This wall came down in the 1953 flood.
Date: Before February 1953
Image ID AW02_001_126
21. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
22. Horseman's Sunday at Patricia Catchpole stables on East Road. Rev. East officiated.
L-R Gordon Allen, Charlie Buckingham, Norma Appleby, Ann Knight, Angela ...
Image ID AWA_001
23. At Patricia Catchpole's Stables in East Road, c1958
Back Suzanne Taylor, Eval Tovim, Mike Spurgeon
Middle Catchy, Sarah Vince now Cock, Wendy Westcott ...
Image ID AWA_003
24. On the field behind Empress Avenue.
L-R Gordon Allen's father, Rosemary Allen with Gordon behind. Nell the dog. Norma Appleby, Anne Knight, Charlie ...
Image ID AWA_005
25. Patricia Catchpole
Image ID AWA_027
26. Netball or Rounders team at West Mersea School 1958 - 1959.
Back row: Wendy Stubbings, Marlene Fletcher, Shirley Ward (Teacher). Christine Russell, ...
Image ID AWA_063
27. David Laye, Huffler in the Walton backwaters.
Image ID BF03_001_064_002
28. Deep sea smacksmen in old age. A group at Rowhedge about 1890.
From The Northseamen Page 31.
Used in The Salvagers page 52.
Same photograph is in ...
Image ID BF03_001_075_001
29. Mersea. A Douglas Went photograph, used in The Sailor's Coast page 30. The boat is CERISE. The lady is Barbara Went.
Image ID BF03_001_093_001
30. Tuddy Cook ?
Also in Album7/pic90
From: Blackwater photographs
Image ID BF03_004_001_010