Image ID ABD_017
2. TD (Tom D'Wit) Ron Bishop, Douglas Stoker, Andy Muir
Image ID ABD_029
3. The BUCCANEER, owned by Sid Hewes. Built Brightlingsea, same builder as BOY GEORGE. Sail number 1033 41.
Image ID ABD_035
4. Round the Island Race. BUCCANEER, WHEEZY ANNA.
Image ID ABD_037
5. Photograph from Joan Pullen.
Date: April 1944
Image ID AN02_001_001
6. Joan Pullen by mast, Sergeant in Royal Army Service Corps in foreground.
Date: April 1944
Image ID AN02_001_007
7. West Mersea Town Regatta 1947. MFOB (Mersea Fishermen's Open Boat) CK85 MANABS Wilf Carter. CK111 WINNIE owned by George Stoker (built Brightlingsea 1920)
Date: 23 August 1947
Image ID AN03_022_003
8. Photograph from Joan Pullen. ...
Image ID AN04_016_015
9. Well loaded - sculling. Photograph from Joan Pullen.
Image ID AN04_017_015
10. Unknown yacht. The boat astern of her looks like one of the boats built for Mersea Boating Lake before the War. Photo at Brightlingsea ?
Image ID AN06_005_003
11. SNIPE - owned by the Ward family. It was previously owned by the Ketley family - friends of Norman Ward.
Image ID AN06_005_007
12. At Mersea. Print by Oscar Way, Colchester
From: West Mersea --- photos and documents
Image ID BF65_001_031_001
13. Captain Edward Sycamore racing the BABE, a typical small racing yacht of the time.
Used in The Northseamen page 141.
Image ID BF69_005_001
14. Margaret Leather's father at the helm of his cutter rigged, converted ship's boat RESEDA - his friend Mr Everitt near the mast.
Used in Saltwater Village ...
From: Rowhedge photos and documents
Image ID BF70_001_066_001
15. First Ladies Race at Brightlingsea.
Top Miss K. Poole delighted at winning a Second Prize in JUMBO II, Jack Maltby's new B.O.D.C.
Bottom - A study of the ...
Image ID BOX058_003_001
16. Brightlingsea One-Design SYBIL (No.5), later TILLER GIRL, owned at one time by John Leather, followed by MILDRED (7) (later EDWINA) and EGRET (8) --- inset ...
Image ID BOXA1_035_001_001
17. William Wyatt, of West Mersea, sets up the gaff mainsail, preferred to a lug by Mersea men even for their little winkle brigs. [Last Stronghold of Sail page ...
Image ID BOXP_100_010
18. A. Dumas [caption on back].
Image ID CLT_DUM_001
19. West Mersea One Design PRAWN. Photograph is undated but in the 1920s.
Image ID CLT_WMOD_005
20. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith
Image ID DAB_FRM_005
21. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith. Note the jogger in the background.
Image ID DAB_FRM_041
22. Leonard Derham. The Hard. Club 10ft dinghy.
Image ID DB07_019_003
23. BUZZING BEE formerly KALI or KHALI. West Mersea One Design Class.
10ft lug rigged sailing dinghy, designed by Herbert Reiach in 1928. Built in 1930 by ...
Date: 3 December 2011
Image ID DIS2011_BEE_001
24. Dabchicks Sailing Club, West Mersea
Photo supplied by Sue and Paddy Ryan.
Date: c29 July 2005
Image ID DORY_DAB_004
25. Yacht racing. The back says "What a day. Great Fun! We rescue JADE's Crew see No. 3.
Photo No. 4.
Image ID DW13_113
26. Small boats racing on the River Colne off Brightlingsea
Essex Countryside competition entry from Douglas Went.
Date: August 1962
Image ID EC62_08_418_002
27. Fid Harnack's BEN GUNN in the Blackwater. Laid up shipping in the background - ELSTEAD on the right.
Image ID FID_002_041
28. David Green sailing the JOY after major repairs and the addition of a centre board in 1966.
The story of the JOY is covered in "Ode to Joy" by Charles ...
Image ID GRD_002_001
29. Around Island Race crossing the Strood at high tide - fourth Mirror home.
Image ID GRD_AB1_027_001
30. Mersea Round the Island Race 2014. David Green's boat SUGARSCOOP at the Strood - it was the peak a very high tide and there would have been enough water to sail ...
Image ID GRD_RND14_012