1. West Mersea - Dabchicks Sailing Club and the Old Victory. The Dabchicks Club House is the stage 2 building, built 1961-63. Postcard.
Date: After 1962
Image ID CLR_201
2. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith
Image ID DAB_FRM_005
3. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith. Note the jogger in the background.
Image ID DAB_FRM_041
4. Dabchicks Sailing Club. Part of what was once a framed collage in the Clubhouse.
Image ID DAB_MPR_003
5. Dabchicks Sailing Club. Part of what was once a framed collage in the Clubhouse.
Image ID DAB_MPR_005
6. Dabchicks Sailing Club. Cups
L-R Mrs Ethel May French, Stanley French, Arthur Mills, Bruce Rainbird, Aileen Browning-Smith, Leo-Michael-Smith, Bunny Unwin
Image ID DAB_MPR_021
7. Steve Pavey and Toby Cook. Dabchicks Rescue Boat in the early 1980s.
Image ID DEP_041
8. Dabchicks Sailing Club, West Mersea
Photo supplied by Sue and Paddy Ryan.
Date: c29 July 2005
Image ID DORY_DAB_004
9. Start of Dabchicks race. Boats in lineup included ANNE - W. Curtis, WHITE HART - Leo Smith, DABCHICK - Norman Hewes, G-G - Reg Hempstead, STEADY BARKER - Ken ...
Image ID FL09_020_003
10. Dabchicks Sailing Club. 1948 Laying-up supper and Prize List.
Prizes BABBETTY - J. Banks, ANNE - W. Curtis, MARJORIE - Kent, GEE GEE - R. Hempstead, LANINA ...
Date: 2 October 1948
Image ID HEWK_OPA_075
11. Dabchicks Sailing Club. 1947 Laying-up supper at the White Hart and Prize List.
Prizes ANN - W. Curtis, DABCHICK - N. Hewes, MARJORIE - Kent, GREY GULL - ...
Date: 6 November 1947
Image ID HEWK_OPA_077
12. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_027
13. Dabchicks Sailing Club. Clubhouse.
Date: 30 March 2008
Image ID MLD_DAB_001
14. The Dabchicks at Point Clear - Brightlingsea for the Paula Cup, probably 1949.
Leo Michael-Smith is 4th from left on second row.
Image ID MMC_P668_011
15. Dabchicks Sailing Club at Bradwell 1947/8
Image ID MMC_P668_030
16. Dabchicks. Back: Edgar Heard, Dick & Mary Cudmore, Bill Collins. Middle Edwin Woods, Herbert Bishop (bald)
Front Gus Gentry (behind hat) Stephen ...
Image ID MSJ_OPA_011
17. Dabchicks Sailing Club - first clubhouse, opened in 1955 and replaced 1961-63.
Date: Before 1963
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB2
18. Opening of new clubhouse by Winnie Michael-Smith in 1955. L-R 'Bunny' Unwin (sailing sec) Bill Wyatt & Bruce Rainbird (Com)
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB3
19. 1920s. Dabchicks dinner in Hall Barn
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB6
20. Dabchicks first rescue boat during the 1962 Blackwater Barge Match.
L-R Franki Drinkall, Dad & Mum Drinkall, Bev Drinkall.
Laid up Shell tanker in ...
Image ID RG03_489
21. Ron Green and John Green. Ron writes "This is 1955, brother John and I took a fair slice of the trophies that year. John was always the skipper and I was the ...
Date: 7 October 1955
Image ID RG03_DAB_003
22. West Mersea winkle brig KATE racing in one of the early races of the Dabchicks Sailing Club. She was built for William Trim. 1930s.
Used in The Salty Shore ...
Image ID RG11_125
23. CHARIS 1922. Owner W J Dyer of Graunt Court Rayne. Winner of DSC Cup. Crew Bert French and Mrs Dyer, helmed Mr Dyer. Other craft is RANEE owned by Mr ...
Image ID RG27_149