Images for Families-->FrenchFound 55 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.
1. School group.
Back row L-R 1. 'Buzzer' Osborne, 2., 3. 'Dewi' D'Wit, 4., 5. Edwin Woods. 6. Jenkins, 7. Dan Hearsum 8. Tommy Cole 9., 10. Nathan Hoy, 11....
Image ID AN03_005_001
2. The staff of Gowen & Company sail loft at West Mersea, about 1920. L to R Charlie Woods, A.A. Gowen, Kenneth A.L. Gowen, Miss Gertie French (Mrs Stanley...
Image ID BOXD_012_001_001
3. L-R Grace Evelyn Stoker, Hilda Stoker, Ethel Farthing, Martha Ann Stoker, outside Riverside House [Andy Brown]
Stoker / Brown family pictures - Album 7
Image ID DB07_021_009
4. Wedding of Vic French and Joyce Green at the Methodist Church in Mill Road. Joyce's father was Cliff Green, brother of Geoff.
Image ID DB11_025
5. Wedding of Vic French and Joyce Green.
Image ID DB11_027
6. William John Stoker and Martha Ann French, outside Riverside, Coast Road.
Photo Cleghorn Isle of Mersea
Image ID DB18_029
7. Gowens at West Mersea in the early or mid 1960s.
Back row Harold Field, Claude Green, John Benns, Beat Green, Colin Anstey, John Wareing, Vic Pullen,...
Image ID DEP_GOW_003
8. Gowens sailmakers.
Back Fred French, Ernie Ponder, ?n.
Front Ernie Ponder (with his tongue out!), Beattie Green.
Image ID DEP_GOW_015
9. Gowen & Co., Mersea. Jack Gurton, Ernie Ponder, Freddy French [Nancy Smith].
Image ID DEP_GOW_021
10. Mr & Mrs Alfred Hewes. Married 1916.
15 March 1916 Keturah Elizabeth French married James Alfred Hewes at West Mersea Parish Church.
Date: March 1916
Image ID DHA_021
11. Uncle Dub French. Photo by Walter Studio, 147 Newark Ave., Jersey City, N.J.
Image ID DHA_063
12. Samuel James Mills and Nellie French leaving West Mersea Parish Church after their marriage on 31 May 1919. Nellie was the daughter of James French and Grace...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_011
13. Army at Port Bower on Yorick Road during WW1. L-R Gert French, Ethel French, Billy French, Alice Hewes, Norah French (née Gant) Bert French.
Image ID FL02_046_002
14. Wedding of Samuel James Mills and Nellie French. The happy couple, surrounded by family and friends, are posing for a group photograph at the top of Victory...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID FL02_065_001
15. Back John Frost, Jeff Carter, Nick Webb, David Vince, Roy Bloomfield, Alan Weaver.
Front Pixie Farthing, Shirley Fenn, Pauline French, Jennifer Mills,...
Image ID FL03_037_003
16. L-R Jennifer Mills, Brenda Pettican (Peldon), Pauline French, Shirley Fenn, Pamela Coates (Peldon), Lilian Mills.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_038_001
17. Jeff Carter, Pauline French, Alan Weaver.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_038_002
18. Wedding of Stanley Farthing and Gertrude French.
L-R Sybil Quigley née Farthing, Stanley 'bump' Farthing, Gergrude Farthing, Ernie Thorpe, Norah...
Date: 1 July 1933
Image ID FL04_009_002
19. West Mersea School - Beatty 1928.
Back row 1. John Dixon, 2. Ron Vince, 3. Jimmy Cutts, 4. Willie Chapman, 5. Bo Saye, 6. George Humm, 7. Frank Russell, 8....
Image ID FL09_051_001
20. In front of the Victory Hotel.
1. Joyce french - daughter of Harold, 2. Lewis French - father of Harold, Edna, Blanche & Hugh, 3. George French, brother of...
Image ID FL09_060_003
21. West Mersea School
Back row L-R 1. Nathan Smith, 2. Reg Hempstead, 3. Ron Thursby, 4. Jack Cudmore, 5. Tom Sales, 6. Charles 'Tiddler' Mole, 7. Fred Wass,...
Image ID FL09_061_001
22. West Mersea School group.
Back L-R 1. Luke Conway, 2. Victoria Mays, 3. Ian Howes, 4. Daniel Bridgeman, 5., 6. Georgina Hollick, 7. Nigel Hawes
Image ID FL09_066_001
West Mersea School group.
Back row 1. Luke Conway, 2. Victoria Mayes, 3. Nigel Hawes, 4. Carl Emery, 5. David Slater, 6. Daniel Leach
Image ID FL09_067_001
24. Union Chapel outing, probably aborad a smack belonging to the Vince Family. [Owen Fletcher].
Alfie Mole extreme right.
Peter Rudlin thinks the smack...
Image ID FL10_020_005
25. Munson Cooke's cart horse "Gypsy".
Munson Cooke was a coal merchant situated next to Wyatt's. Stan Farthing and Archie French did the coal round with this...
Image ID FL10_021_005
26. Mersea Island Sea Cadets.
Eric Hucklesby back left.
L-R 1. Peter Hempstead, 2. Steven French, 3. Dennis Dustin, 4. John Telford, 5. Roger Sheldrick,...
Image ID FL13_025_001
27. Mersea Island Sea Cadet Reunion. Foreground Norman Burgess, Pauline Jay nee French, Trevor Hart.
Date: 29 October 1988
Image ID FL13_065_003
28. Mersea Prefects 1954. Summer Term. Headmaster Mr C.R. Westcott.
Back row L-R 1. Victor Ponder (Peldon), Geoff Carter (Abberton), 3. Roy Bloomfield, 4. Alan...
Date: cJuly 1954
Image ID IA01_SCH_021
29. Semprini opening Mersea Museum
L-R Peter French - Trustee, Stanley Hills, Myrtle Hills, Semprini.
Photograph used in Evening Gazette 13 September...
Date: 11 September 1976
Image ID MF05_010
30. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1996. Page 10.
A Real Mersea Character. Leslie French, who died in August 1995. This article by...
Date: January 1996
Image ID MIS_1996_024