1. West Mersea School around 1907.
Back row L-R 1. Ivy Mussett, 2. E... Woolf, 3. Annie Boon, 4. Balls, 5. Maud Dixon, 6. Daisy Mussett, 7. B.. Cook, 8. ...
Image ID ALS_BRD_011
2. Frederick Herbert Smith and Herbert Marrow with Fred G. Smith delivery van. It is a Morris, registration BVW367. The door advertises Lyons Cakes. Phone Number ...
Image ID ALS_C20_019
3. Fred Herbert Smith and Preston Smith in the Bakery at West Mersea Mill.
Image ID ALS_C20_021
4. Alan Smith, Kathy Negus and Judy Farthing
Image ID ALS_NEG_001
5. Back Kathy Negus left, Mary Wright right.
Alan Smith front.
Image ID ALS_NEG_003
6. A trip on PEDRO. L-R Mary Wright, Vicky Watling née Negus, Dave Watling, unknown, Alan Smith at the wheel.
Image ID ALS_NEG_011
7. Trip on PEDRO. L-R 1. Mary Wright's husband ?, 2. Mary Wright, 3. Vicky Watling née Negus, 4. Dave Watling, 5. Judy Farthing, 6. unknown, 7. Janet ...
Image ID ALS_NEG_013
8. The mill in Mill Road, West Mersea.
Image ID ALS_WHI_051
9. A History of Court Sailor's Home West Mersea No. 5105 A.O.F. 1867 - 1967 by Sybil Brand. Pages 6 and 7..
W.H. Cooke was secretary until 1884 when Joseph ...
Image ID AOF_SLH_008
10. 1953 Fred Smith delivering bread!
Image ID ATK_013
11. Amelia Mole née Smith, wife of Victor Mole. A midwife on the island.
Image ID CDR_003
12. This picture was taken after the marriage of Frances Smith and Frederick George Unwin on 8 April 1912. Frances belonged to the bakery family in Mill Road and ...
Date: 8 April 1912
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_042
13. The bakery and Mill House, Mill Road.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_052_002
14. At the Sailing and Social Club.
1. Bert 'Luvvy' Carter, 2. Oscar Whiting, 3. Frank Ashworth, 4. Dudley Cock, 5. Vincent Thorp, 6. Frederick Smith,
Image ID FL07_020_001
15. George Frederick Smith - prayers for East Mersea Baptist Chapel.
Date: 30 September 1894
Image ID GFS_BK4_002
16. George Frederick Smith prayers for East Mersea Baptist Chapel.
Date: 14 October 1894
Image ID GFS_BK4_004
17. George Frederick Smith prayers for East Mersea Baptist Chapel.
Date: 7 January 1900
Image ID GFS_BK6_002
18. George Frederick Smith prayers for East Mersea Baptist Chapel.
At East Mersea except 11 March 1900 at Redington.
Date: 28 January 1900
Image ID GFS_BK6_004
19. Winifred and George Saunders Smith in their garden at West Mersea in the 1960s.
Image ID JDV_009
20. Joseph and Emma Smith
Joseph was born in Fingringhoe c1850
Emma Beaumont was born in Beaumont, Essex, c1844.
They married in 1866
Image ID JDV_011
21. Edith Head - born 9 June 1880 at Mortlake. She married George Smith 28 December 1907 at Mortlake.
Image ID JDV_013
22. Constance Rose Smith, daughter of George and Edith Smith.
Connie worked in London for many years in shops, Sainsburys etc. She came back to Mersea and ...
Image ID JDV_015
23. Connie Smith in fancy dress
Image ID JDV_017
24. Clem Smith, Edith and Harriett, on High Street North. The Smith family shop is behind the fence on the left on the corner of Mersea Avenue.
Edith Smith ...
Image ID JDV_019
25. Greetings from 32nd Co., R.G.A., Sandown, I.W.
[32 Company Royal Garrison Artillery were at Sandown Fort 1898 to 1908 ...
Image ID JDV_021
26. Wedding of George Smith and Edith Head at Mortlake.
George is left of centre with Edith below him to the right. Fanny Head (Edith's mother) is to the right ...
Date: 28 December 1907
Image ID JDV_031
27. Twin brothers Clem Smith on the left and Alf Smith on the right.
Alf had a shop, I think it was Peldon, on the road to Colchester. My mum [Winifred] ...
Image ID JDV_033
28. Smith family from Mersea Avenue
Back L-R 1. Clem, 2. Winnie, 3. George Smith senior, 4. George Saunders Smith ?, 5. Alf Smith
Front 1. Agnes (Alf's ...
Image ID JDV_035
29. Edith Smith née Head towards the right with a baby on her lap. George Saunders Smith is standing behind the baby. Fanny Head née Saunders and Emma ...
Image ID JDV_041
30. Captain Mark Head
Mark Liberty Head born 1885, died 1953. He was Edith Head's youngest brother.
Image ID JDV_043