1. Abberton Reservoir expansion project
the story so far
Essex and Suffolk Water
Date: June 1994
Image ID ARV_BK1_001
2. Herbert 'Joe' Reeve at Olivers Farm. Olivers Farm is down a lane south of Gosbecks Road in Colchester.
Herbert was Brian Chaplin's grandfather. He was ...
Image ID CLN_001
3. Layer de la Haye commemoration of the end of WW1.
Photograph from Mrs Chambers - her husband Adam is the soldier behind the cross.
Date: November 2018
Image ID CLN_007
4. The War Memorial at Layer Cross, Layer de la Haye. It is a large gathering with a band in the background, and is thought to be for the dedication of the War ...
Image ID CLN_LDH_001
5. Layer United Football Club 1922-1923.
Top L-R 1. S. Vinson, 2. P. Edwards, 3. A. Hart, 4. A. Searle, 5. O. Brunning
Middle 1. S. Howard, 2. J. Cole, ...
Image ID CLN_LDH_003
6. Layer United Football Club. Winners of Birch District League 1923-24.
Top L-R 1. L. Rayment, 2. H. Demmond, 3. E. Gamble, 4. F. Searle, 5. A. Hart, 6. O. ...
Image ID CLN_LDH_005
7. Layer de la Haye School Play 1948.
Standing / back L-R 1. Raymond Munson, 2. Dianne Theobold, 3. Ann Mallet, 4. Rosemary Tatchel, 5. (centre) ?, 6. Molly ...
Image ID CLN_LDH_011
8. Layer de la Haye. V.E. Day. All available school children and mothers from the village.
Brian Chaplin says: I am child on the extreme of the photograph ...
Date: 6 May 1945
Image ID CLN_SCH_003
9. The bridge at Layer de la Haye watermill.
Essex Countryside competition entry from Douglas Went, May 1963.
Image ID EC63_05_294_123
10. Layer-de-la-Haye 1902 Kelly's Directory of Essex
Layer-de-la-Haye, deriving its name from its ancient possessors, the family of de La-Hay, is a ...
Image ID KEL_1902_LDH
11. Village sign - Layer de la Haye. 1986.
Date: cJune 1989
Image ID LH56_007
12. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 62 and 63.
Layer de la Haye
Image ID MAW_P062
13. Layer School 1922/3.
Photo is missing !
Image ID PBA_019_001
14. Glenfield 36 inch needle valve, originally installed at Abberton Reservoir 1937/8 and now preserved at Layer Water Treatment Works.
Date: 19 August 2018
Image ID PH01_ESW_031
15. Layer de la Haye
Image ID PH02_057
16. Layer de la Haye Parish Church of St John the Baptist. Plan by T.B. Millatt
Image ID TBM_LDH_001
| || |